Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

WiFi module with antenna
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

WiFi module with antenna

by Tenocticatl on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:04 am

I recently bought the WiFi adapter with antenna (product 1030), and I'm having trouble with it.

Occidentalis seems to indeed have the correct driver, but I have to log in to a WPA-enterprise network (eduroam), and I can't find a way to adjust the required settings.

It seems like I can adjust the correct settings in the latest Raspbian Wheezy distro (2012-12-16), but it doesn't seem to have the correct driver (keeps bugging out in various ways, then the adapter shuts down and I have to reboot). The script that is pointed to on the product page doesn't work for the 12-16 build, and probably wouldn't anyway because it only allows for WPA-PSK as well. Power supply shouldn't be a problem; I'm using a powered hub.

Is there another way to get the driver onto Wheezy? Or any way to get this working?
Tenocticatl

Re: WiFi module with antenna

by Tenocticatl on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Nevermind, I fixed it. I'll note my solution briefly in case someone else can use it.

Adding all the info in the Wheezy network setup utility, and then changing a few things in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf manulally from the console so they matched the settings from my university's network tutorial, then rebooting (several times; keyboard stopped working for some unrelated reason). So it wasn't a hardware compatibility issue.

It seems that, when you configure the network wrongly, it just keeps trying for a minute or so, and then goes "screw it, I'm done" and shuts down until you reboot. This is what '-signal 15' means.

These network settings vary a lot from place to place, so I can't really give a more general solution. Lots of stuff on google though.

In case you need to refer to a CA certificate, they're in /etc/ssl/certs/.
Tenocticatl