Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

LCD I2C Pi Plate & White on Blue 16x2 LCD
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Re: LCD I2C Pi Plate & White on Blue 16x2 LCD

by sadsaddle on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 am

Thanks for the help.

I didn't know what else to do. Maybe static problems during assembly.

I just ordered another one on your site. I will be very careful building it and let you know how it turns out in a few days.
sadsaddle

by sadsaddle on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:06 pm

Just to follow up, the second kit worked fine. Thanks for the support.
sadsaddle

by adafruit_support_rick on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Great! Glad to hear you're up and running :D

adafruit_support_rick

by linuxelf on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:23 pm

I have this same board, and I believe I may have the same issue. The photos the OP posted are no longer linkable, but what I'm getting when I run the sample code is, the top row lights up a full matrix of pixels, and the bottom row shows nothing. The contrast pot works fine, I can brighten or dim the blocks, but cannot make any actual characters appear. I notice that the code is written to change colors, which of course can't be done on this Blue/White version. Is there different code designed for the product referenced at http://adafruit.com/products/1115 , or should the color LCD code work for this product as well? Is there anything else I can check?

*edit* I did the multimeter test on the first three pins, and received the same result. 5v across 1&2, variable 0-5v across 1 and 3, depending on position of the contrast pot.
linuxelf

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:51 am

@linuxelf - The same code will work for RGB & monochrome - except that the monochrome backlights are only connected to the Red pin. So if you specify a background color that does not have a Red component, the backlight will be off.

If you post clear photos showing all your soldering, we will take a look.

adafruit_support_bill