Low-profile microSD Incompatable with Clear Raspberry Pi Case

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
BillS

Low-profile microSD Incompatable with Clear Raspberry Pi Case

Post by BillS »

Anyone have a solution to this problem?
I love the Pi Shell - Clear Raspberry Pi Case - ID: 1140.
It fits the RasberryPi nicely but still providing access to the various headers.
However, I also really wanted the ability to use the Low-profile microSD card adapter.
Seems the microSD adapter it too thick, and interferes with the bottom of the Case.
So I can not snap the RPi board into the bottom of the case with the adapter installed.
It also looks as though the micro card would be inaccessible even if I were able to jam
things closed.
Anyone else have this experience? More importantly, any solutions?
Thanks in advance.

adafruit

Re: Low-profile microSD Incompatable with Clear Raspberry Pi Case

Post by adafruit »

The microSD adapter is often not designed for in most case-design, its best used for stand alone boards

"Depending on the case from various manufacturers, the microSD card adapter may not easily slide in and out or may need modifications to the PCB or actual case. The microSD card adapter is meant for a stand alone board"

lylex

Re: Low-profile microSD Incompatable with Clear Raspberry Pi Case

Post by lylex »

That's really too bad. :( I assumed if I bought an Adafruit case (clear Pi Box) and an Adafruit adapter, they would fit together. Guess I didn't read the fine print (or it was recently added)

....Lyle

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”