Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Raspberry Pi Box (laser-cut case)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Re: Raspberry Pi Box (laser-cut case)

by compuquak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm

I have one of those little cases, but don't see how they are good for any practical purpose other than keeping the pi safe. So, I build a prototype out of acrylic plastic. My goal was to have no external devices to clutter the work space. I integrated an external 2.5" SATA hard drive (glues the guts from an external drive case), a USB hub (again, took the guts out of one), two power supplies (to keep the Pi isolated), put a micro wireless keyboard and mouse dongle and wireless USB adapter in there, and soldered the wores together -- stripping some USB cables for wire and connectors. I mounted the Pi so it easily slides off the top of a platform over the hard drive.It isn't too pretty, but it works just fine. I really think some plastics company would make some money with something like this - designed to spec and made as nicely as the little ones I see on the web.

I can send pix if anyone is interested. email me at "compuquak@live.com"

Here is my wiring scheme.
Rpi wiring scheme.jpg
compuquak