Raspberry Pi Box (laser-cut case)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Re: Raspberry Pi Box (laser-cut case)

by compuquak on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:47 pm

I have one of those little cases, but don't see how they are good for any practical purpose other than keeping the pi safe. So, I build a prototype out of acrylic plastic. My goal was to have no external devices to clutter the work space. I integrated an external 2.5" SATA hard drive (glues the guts from an external drive case), a USB hub (again, took the guts out of one), two power supplies (to keep the Pi isolated), put a micro wireless keyboard and mouse dongle and wireless USB adapter in there, and soldered the wores together -- stripping some USB cables for wire and connectors. I mounted the Pi so it easily slides off the top of a platform over the hard drive.It isn't too pretty, but it works just fine. I really think some plastics company would make some money with something like this - designed to spec and made as nicely as the little ones I see on the web.

I can send pix if anyone is interested. email me at "compuquak@live.com"

Here is my wiring scheme.
Rpi wiring scheme.jpg
compuquak