Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Occidentalis - Shutdown??
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Occidentalis - Shutdown??

by scampa123 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm

When I try to click the shutdown button in Occidentalis, the dialog pops up and I select shutdown...for a brief moment a login box appears but before I can put in a password the box disappears and the OS doesn't shutdown...

So then I select logout...This logs me out of the main OS, but on the next OS screen I click shutdown and again it won't do it...

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance!

-S
scampa123

Re: Occidentalis - Shutdown??

by markofzero on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:08 pm

I shutdown using ssh with a command like this:
sudo shutdown -h now

or, to restart:
sudo shutdown -r now

I hope this helps.
markofzero

Re: Occidentalis - Shutdown??

by tldr on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 pm

you can run the console program, (LXTerminal), and use "sudo shutdown -h 0" from there.

or typing ctl-alt-f1 will get you out of the gui to a console login. log in as root and use "shutdown -h 0" or as pi or whatever user account you have set up and use "sudo shutdown -h 0".

i'm not sure about the pi but, generally, on linux you'll have 6 such logins available, using alt-fwhatever to switch between them. alt-f7 will return you to the gui.
"If I had known it was harmless, I would have killed it myself." - Phillip K. Dick, A Scanner Darkly
tldr