Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Connecting Raspberry Pi with Wifi Module
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Re: Connecting Raspberry Pi with Wifi Module

by adafruit_support_rick on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Might be worth a try. If nothing else, you'll have a spare hub! :D

adafruit_support_rick

by adafruit_support_rick on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Maybe try a different cable, too...

adafruit_support_rick

by pandring on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Soo...
I'm back yet again with a DIFFERENT problem now. Tonight, I tried to ssh into my pi over wifi (as I've been doing every day for the past two weeks), and I wasn't able to connect to it. I logged in to my router's admin panel, however, and it says that the raspberry pi is connected to the wifi, and I can use the router's "test connection using ping" feature to ping the pi. However, I can't ping or ssh into the pi from any other computer on the network.
To make it weirder, if I plug in a ethernet cable, (I'm able to ssh, even using the pi's wireless IP, if there's a cable), and I check ifconfig everything looks normal; wlan0 is up and running, and transferring a small amount of data (about 1.7 KiB), while the ethernet is transferring the rest. When I unplug the ethernet cable, however, my ssh connection is dropped and I can no longer ssh or ping the pi.
Do you know what might be going on this time?
pandring

by adafruit_support_rick on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:09 am

Could be a quality of service thing - all the hardware thinks it's connected, but the packets really aren't getting through reliably. For comparison, I can VNC into my Pi on a wired connection, but not over WiFi. Don't know for sure, but I assume that it's because my wifi connection quality just isn't up to snuff.

adafruit_support_rick