i am new to the Arduino world and have a project i am working on that i would like a little help with on which products are the correct ones do buy.
here is specifics of what i would like to achieve:
- the idea of the devise is to be able to record a message, preferably 4 separate ones and then be able to trigger them via a 4 button keyfob. when the button is clicked the corresponding recording should play through the speaker(s). the recording needs to trigger immediately upon clicking and be ready to play again anytime the button is pressed.
- the device needs to be as small as it can be, no bigger then a deck of cards, but smaller is the goal.
- it needs to run off a battery and have a wireless connection.
- would like at least a 200ft range between the devise and the keyfob remote.
the arduino that i think will work best and want to build around is this one:
- Adafruit Wave Shield for Arduino Kit - v1.1 - https://www.adafruit.com/products/94
it looks like it has most of the pieces in need; sd card to record on, adjustable volume control, speaker out
the keyfob i've found it the:
Keyfob 4-Button RF Remote Control - 315MHz - http://www.adafruit.com/products/1095
- RF transceiver component to be compatible with the keyfob chosen. this part looks like it may work with the keyfob: Simple RF M4 Receiver - 315MHz Momentary Type - http://www.adafruit.com/products/1096
. however i could not find the range the part can cover 200ft is the target.
items i am still looking for:
- mini speaker(s) similar to these or perhaps these would work best (from an iphone 4s): http://www.directfix.com/product/IP-2526.html
any help or direction would be truly appreciated.