daveparker wrote:Sweet! The constantly varying dimmer seems to work pretty well.... and it doesn't have the threshold value to fiddle with like the original code did.
So what's next? I'm thinking of making it display tweets.
Len17 wrote:Here's my version of Ice Tube firmware with auto-dimming. It's based on daveparker's version, but with some differences:
Compiled firmware and source code are attached.
- CdS photocell is the one from the Adafruit store and R4 is 1kΩ. This is a combo I've used before and it gives a good range of values between dim room light and sunlight.
- Instead of switching between dim & bright, the display brightness varies continuously based on the ambient light.
- Auto-dimming is turned on by selecting "au" (automatic) in the brightness menu.
- I've also incorporated caitsith2's button interrupt fix.
- Also I changed the "9" digit so it looks like every other 7-segment display I've ever seen.
- Added features can be enabled separately at compile time. Look at the top of iv.h.
khoyt wrote:How does the 1kΩ behave differently than the 10kΩ resistor? Does it affect the dimmer or does it not matter much?
And another silly question... is the resistor a "1/4watt" one? I'm guessing that is the right one because it's the right size
adafruit wrote:its being considered, it didnt make into rev 1. we're likely to do a big update and also have it GPS-enableable (if that makes sense) as well.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest