- 1. Start by navigating to the sketchbook folder. For me the path is /home/username/sketchbook or click Places>home folder>sketchbook
2. Create a folder called "libraries"
3. Enter the libraries folder and create the new library name, for example "IRremote"
4. Now open your favorite text editor and click file>save as..
5. navigate to the IRremote folder and change the title of the file to be saved from untitled to IRremote.cpp and press save
6. In your browser open the file IRremote.cpp from the url above.
7. Copy and paste the code into your text editor and click save in the editor.
8. repeat steps 5 through 7 for all files. Be sure to change the file extension each time so you are saving as .cpp, .h, and .txt
9. Once you are done restart the Arduino IDE
10. To verify everything worked, in the Arduino IDE select sketch>import library and you should see your new library in the list under "Contributed"
11. Now go to File>Sketchbook>libraries>IRremote>IRrecord and open IRrecord.
12. Press the verify button and it should compile with no errors.
Now you should be able to add any library you choose. I did this for anyone who is having difficulty getting their new library to show up in the import library menu. I was adding the library to arduino-0017/hardware/library folder which is incorrect unless you are running v0016.