Possibility of an unpaid internship at Adafruit

by alex_leut on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:04 am

[I wasn't sure if I could/should email you, so I'm posting this here]

I am a senior at a small progressive high-school. This year, I have the opportunity of a senior learning experience, in which I am given six weeks off of normal school to learn about a topic that engages me. For a while now I've had a growing interest in physical computing, with an emphasis in robotics. So during my senior learning experience, I would be interested of either an unpaid internship at Adafruit, or if not that, the ability to have you as a contact person/expert to help guide me to make some cool robots.

I don't really feel comfortable going into too much detail in a public forum, so if possible, I would like to start this dialog in email. Please contact me at alex.leutenegger |at| gmail |dot| com.

Thank you for your time.
alex_leut

Re: Possibility of an unpaid internship at Adafruit

by adafruit on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:02 am

Hi there, thanks for the interest but we are not able to offer any internships at this time :(
adafruit

by alex_leut on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:57 am

Ok, no problem.

However, would you possibly be interested as serving as an expert I could contact during my senior learning experience? Obviously you're very knowledgeable, and having you as resource would be really helpful.
alex_leut

by adafruit on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 pm

sorry, we can't take on any such responsibilities
adafruit

by rcrichards on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 pm

I just saw the talk that Limor Fried did at the open hardware summit in 2010. I want to find out more about how adafruit runs. do you have a webpage or some other resource about the business challenges and skills needed to get started?
rcrichards

by adafruit on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:30 pm

hi rcrichards!

check out out blog, wikis, google+, twitter and all our resources, there are TONS!

cheers,
adafruit
adafruit