There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Possibility of an unpaid internship at Adafruit
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Possibility of an unpaid internship at Adafruit

by alex_leut on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:04 am

[I wasn't sure if I could/should email you, so I'm posting this here]

I am a senior at a small progressive high-school. This year, I have the opportunity of a senior learning experience, in which I am given six weeks off of normal school to learn about a topic that engages me. For a while now I've had a growing interest in physical computing, with an emphasis in robotics. So during my senior learning experience, I would be interested of either an unpaid internship at Adafruit, or if not that, the ability to have you as a contact person/expert to help guide me to make some cool robots.

I don't really feel comfortable going into too much detail in a public forum, so if possible, I would like to start this dialog in email. Please contact me at alex.leutenegger |at| gmail |dot| com.

Thank you for your time.
alex_leut

Re: Possibility of an unpaid internship at Adafruit

by adafruit on Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:02 am

Hi there, thanks for the interest but we are not able to offer any internships at this time :(

adafruit

by alex_leut on Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Ok, no problem.

However, would you possibly be interested as serving as an expert I could contact during my senior learning experience? Obviously you're very knowledgeable, and having you as resource would be really helpful.
alex_leut

by adafruit on Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:57 pm

sorry, we can't take on any such responsibilities

adafruit

by rcrichards on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

I just saw the talk that Limor Fried did at the open hardware summit in 2010. I want to find out more about how adafruit runs. do you have a webpage or some other resource about the business challenges and skills needed to get started?
rcrichards

by adafruit on Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:30 am

hi rcrichards!

check out out blog, wikis, google+, twitter and all our resources, there are TONS!

cheers,
adafruit

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.