There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Business Platforms (eCommerce/Finance/ERP)
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Get help, and assist others in with open source kits and running a business! Do not ask for legal advice or for consulting services in this forum, only general biz questions!
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Business Platforms (eCommerce/Finance/ERP)

by mattreba on Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Currently my company uses a webcart as our company front-end (X-Cart) and QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing Edition to manage our backend (finance, inventory, builds, etc.). Unfortunately QuickBooks falls short in a few areas. My company is run out of several home offices and multi-warehouse inventory tracking is missing. As business volume increases we are looking for more automation to streamline things like picking and shipping operations. There are plenty of third-party add-on products for QuickBooks that can fill these voids but they come at a cost and in the end you still have a QuickBooks based business. We've also done our share of in-house development but would like to focus our limited energies on our core business.

I would think that most kitbiz/maker companies share many requirements. I would love to see a 'business platform stack' that could be shared and improved upon within the community. I did some research and found the Apache Open for Business project (http://ofbiz.apache.org/) and OpenTaps (http://opentaps.org/). Both hold the promise of providing an integrated platform that covers both front-end and back-end systems. Has anyone had experience with either? Are there other platforms or online services that can fit the bill?
mattreba

Re: Business Platforms (eCommerce/Finance/ERP)

by adafruit on Tue May 10, 2011 9:55 pm

we keep inventory out of quickbooks and do it al in the shopping cart which makes sense for us since we have a lotof small orders
we will eventuslly be documenting the entire system but its very complex and ther is o ETA

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.