Monochron Issue - Power Supply looks good, failed beep test, LED lights up, LCD display powers but no clock
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Monochron Issue - Power Supply looks good, failed beep test, LED lights up, LCD display powers but no clock

by Rsulliv1 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:57 pm

I believe I'm running into the same issue as seen in a number of threads. Here's a sample: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25358 ; viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25926 ; viewtopic.php?f=41&t=25130 ; viewtopic.php?f=41&t=23469&start=15

I see the led lit. the lcd display is powering up and the contrast is changing according to the pot setting. I can see that there is a 5v power at the appropriate check, but it seems that the pin going to the buzzer isn't outputting anything.. i'm not sure if there are any additional troubleshooting steps you can point me to or if I need a new monochron processor.

Any assistance would be appreciated. It's my first kit in years, so be gentle! :)

Rsulliv1

Re: Monochron Issue - Power Supply looks good, failed beep test, LED lights up, LCD display powers but no clock

by adafruit on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:14 pm

soldering is perfect, it may very well be a bad chip

please email support@adafruit with a link to this thread and ask for a new MONOCHRON chip! that should fix it :)
adafruit