Memorial day is 05/25/2015 – Orders will ship out on May 26th. There will not be any deliveries or shipping on Monday. Any order placed after 11am ET on Friday May 22nd will not start to ship out until Tuesday May 26th.

Q: about the HTML Code for puting your sketch in
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Q: about the HTML Code for puting your sketch in

by D9W on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:07 am

I was wondering how one could go putting a sketch inside the [ bracket code bracket] ... your code ... [ bracket /code bracket] And keep the color you see in our Arduino sketch
--- {I did that bracket thing so not to confuse the HTML thing on this web page- making it think I wanted that right now- I don't know how to say it properly.. but anyways…}
…. Yes, I do know how to click on the edit inside your Arduino IDE and get to the “Copy for Forum”- That’s the easy part. Then you get some stuff in bracketed quotes (top and bottom) like this >>

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
[quote]
[color=#7E7E7E]//#define DEBUG[/color]
#include <[color=#CC6600]TinyGPS[/color].h>
#define RXPIN 3 [color=#7E7E7E]// From the GPS to the Arduino[/color]
#define TXPIN 4 
[/quote]

It’s just easier to read your code when it’s in color, then when it’s in just black or white, or as in this case Green and white. I hate using the quote thing here to post code when it takes up so much room on a web page; especially when you just can’t take a snippet of code and ask a question about the trouble you (I) are having. I am playing with a xxx.cpp file and a xxx.h file and I am having one heck of a time trying to trace down a global value going on through it (the value lookes like it can change anywhere). I have spent time highlighting all the values instances of it and as I said it would make it one heck of a lot easier explaining what I am doing if I could have a little color between the HTML bracket code bracket … bracket /code braket. I am playing with TinyGPS ver 12 and the date is not adding up… or at least showing itself.
If I understand right this is the spot to ask how do I post “X” here… Yes, I have read how to post things here, and the correct way of doing it. Just this time, I am not sure what the right way of doing it is.

I am not wanting to get into this post with all the things I have done to get TinyGPS to work, but the things I have done clearly points me that everything is working up to TinyGPS. I just don't want to kill off any help anyone is willing to give with data over load.
D9W

Re: Q: about the HTML Code for puting your sketch in

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:04 pm

I usually just copy & paste the code into an IDE which restores all the colors and lets me test-compile to check syntax etc. So the code button is fine for posting code. :D

adafruit_support_bill