Support Forum suggestions and questions

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dhalbert

Support Forum suggestions and questions

Post by dhalbert »

A couple of suggestions which you have probably already thought about for the support forum:

Automatic image resizing: Instead of having people resize large photos manually before posting, how about automatically resizing images that are too large on upload?

Open/closed tickets: I've been reading the forum for about six months, and have noticed the big uptick in support requests. Some requests fall between the cracks unintentionally, to the dismay of the original poster. Using a forum as a ticketing system has its advantages and disadvantages. Have you thought about having an open/closed status indicator on threads (or something slightly more complicated)? For instance, a staff member recently noted that replying to one's original post before it was answered can cause the original query to be lost, because the staff uses "View unanswered posts" to find new queries.

Amateur support: This is more a policy question. I answer some queries that I feel competent to answer, especially if they have sat unanswered for several hours. Would you prefer to have the right of first reply, or is this OK with you?

Having an open support forum is actually great, I believe, since a little searching can often come up with answers. And proactive reading of the forums alerts me to possible issues and solutions before I start struggling with them.

Thanks for being a uniquely open company.

Franklin97355

Re: Support Forum suggestions and questions

Post by Franklin97355 »

Thanks for the comments. We appreciate any help we can get in answering questions as this is an open forum. I personally visit the forums I have experience in and answer the questions I can. The forums are not something I understand so changing them is not something I can address but the problem with the open/closed indicator is cross posting and other members tagging on to existing threads that can confuse such a system.

GreatLeader_Technus

Post by GreatLeader_Technus »

Hi, where can I suggest new product ideas for Adafruit?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

where can I suggest new product ideas for Adafruit?
Pick the forum that most closely fits the product you wish to discuss and post there.

jjussi

Post by jjussi »

Hello!
When I posted my first post I noticed "problem" what I have..

To prove that I'm not robot, I needed to read resistor value.. What was me very hard because I'm red-green-color-blind... Could there be some alternate way to check your humanity?

Humphrey

Post by Humphrey »

I agree on the open/closed status. I am still waiting for an official reply on my sim card holder question (linked below), which has been asked 12 days ago.
What is the preferred method to draw attention to posts that have 'fallen between the cracks'?

The eagerly awaiting reply topic: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=97920&p=491487#p491487

dhalbert

Post by dhalbert »

Humphrey wrote:What is the preferred method to draw attention to posts that have 'fallen between the cracks?
I have not had my own queries fall between the cracks, but I have sent email to [email protected] a couple of times pointing out reasonable queries that have gone unanswered for a couple of days. That produced a response to the threads within a day or so.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”