improvement suggestion for "back-in-stock" notifications

Forum Administrative - NOT PROJECT OR "HELP"

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
juleskers

improvement suggestion for "back-in-stock" notifications

Post by juleskers »

Hi Adafruit,

I'm eagerly awaiting your next shipment of Particle Photon's.
(I'd like to order through Adafruit because I want to do a project with them and the adafruit-exclusive neopixel-ring-for-photon)

I've already registered for a back-in-stock notification. I'd like to give some (hopefully constructive) customer feedback on that process, and sneak a question in on the expected availability.

1) First up: a compliment on the account screen for product notifications: it showed the notification I subscribed to before I made the account. I guess newly created accounts "adopt" all stray notifications on the same email address already lying around in the database? Good job!

2) Slightly annoying to me: there is no feedback when the product might be back in stock (should I wait a few days? a week? a month? a year?
I'd like to know if I may need to look for other suppliers if I want to get started quickly.

3) After signing up for a notification, the product page still shows the "enter your details below" section asking for my email.
Confused, I signed up again. This gave me a page saying
"Already Subscribed!
You are already subscribed to the Back In Stock Notification List for “The Photon without Headers”!"
If you already know this, why don't you replace the email-prompt box with an "already subscribed to receive back-in-stock notification"?
I'd be less confused if the computer remembered this for me on all places where it comes up, and not just in the account list.

4) Same point as (3) for wishlists: out-of-stock products still show the "sign up for..." text instead of "add to cart" even if I'm already signed up.

Aside from the feedback, is there anything more known on the Photon's availability?
The Particle.io store has them in stock, but all I've seen at the adafruit side is a sidelong note mentioning a shipment was "on the way" mid-august.
I've been keeping my eyes out for the past three weeks, has this shipment arrived yet, or is that also sold out?

(interesting forum oddity: in discussing this "sign up" functionality, I keep triggering the anti-Spam Mho-resistor :-) I understand why, but it's still funny!)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: improvement suggestion for "back-in-stock" notifications

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't do time estimates because ETAs are basically a hopeful form of lying.

The supply chain has too many sources of delay we can't control, and way too many people think the word 'estimated' means 'iron-clad guarantee'. The only estimate we make is, "they just passed QA and the racks are on the way to shipping.. should be there in about five minutes." Until that moment, a show-stopper problem could set the clock back by weeks or months.

Don't bind your schedule to ours any more than you have to. If you need something we don't have in stock, check with our resellers or anyone else who might have it.

I'll pass your feedback about notifications along to the folks who manage the website.

juleskers

Re: improvement suggestion for "back-in-stock" notifications

Post by juleskers »

Hi Mike!

That's a very good reason not to do ETA's. I expected as much but decided to try my luck anyway, who knows if the racks may have passed QA just as you typed this ;-)

I'll be glad to hear what the web-guys think of my suggestions, feedback is the only way to get better as a critic too!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Administrative (closed)”