Com1 can't connect to minipov3
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Com1 can't connect to minipov3

by Lmod on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Have a minipov3 that came in a "Brain Machine" kit from Maker-Shed. Using Windows XP, on a Dell Dimension 2400 Pentium 4 2.52GHZ, and connecting directly to the serial port. Device manager thinks Com1 is working properly. When turned on, the minipov lights up the LEDs one at a time, in sequence. There are only 4 LEDs connected, and resistors 5 and 6 were omitted (as per Brain Machine instructions.)

I have read that when connected to the serial port and turned on, the LEDs will either go out or behave "strangely." But when plugged into the serial port, the lights do not change.

Attempting to conect to minipov with software results in an error1, access denied, and handle is invalid (see attached screenshot.)
Error1.jpg
Error1.jpg (133.13 KiB) Viewed 3148 times

Please note in accompanying photos of minipov, that the black power lead is disconnected. This happened while making the scan, and after reconnecting it the minipov exhibited the same behavior.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

mini3front.jpg
mini3front.jpg (566.07 KiB) Viewed 3143 times
minipov3two.jpg
minipov3two.jpg (558.18 KiB) Viewed 3145 times
Lmod

Re: Com1 can't connect to minipov3

by adafruit on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:33 pm

in the device manager, try "disabling" the com1 port and then "enableing" it again
have no idea why this works but it does for me :?

adafruit

by Lmod on Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 pm

That totally worked! Did the disable, then the restart, then enable. Functions perfectly now. Thank you very much! :D
Lmod

by ardustorm on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Thank you so much. I couldn't get it to work. When I restarted it, it worked! I had resoldered everything, checked every connection and it still didn't work. Thank you!

ardustorm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.