New to Vista & MiniPOV3

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MTLab

New to Vista & MiniPOV3

Post by MTLab »

For this project I actually bought a Win-Vista portable. As a long term and very happy Apple user, I have make progress by setting the portable to XP appearance which I understand. I am stuck on loading the program. When I run the avrdue51a program, there is a flash of a terminal screen and then nothing. I can't find the program folder to go to the next step. The wonderful instructions are for XP and the C:\WinAVR\bin is nowhere to be found in Vista. Help!

Roy

adafruit

Re: New to Vista & MiniPOV3

Post by adafruit »

did you install winavr?

MTLab

Post by MTLab »

I thought the winavr folder was part of the installation package. I found WinAVR-20090313 on the net and installed it. On to the next step.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

yay!

laser3531

Post by laser3531 »

hi! I'm a complete newbie at programming and this kind of thing, so i'll get right to the point.
i bought an SLM kit from the maker shed, have soldered it up to the point where you are supposed to turn it on and see if it lights up, it did, but when i try to download the AVRdude software, ti just flashes a command-prompt-ish window for a split second, then nothing happens. I have downloaded and installed WinAVR, but it doesn't change anything. please don't think i'm an idiot, i'm just new at this. please help me out! ps, i have windows vista on my computer. pss, HELP ME!!!!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”