Unable to load image for MiniPOV4

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
PiggyWiggy3

Unable to load image for MiniPOV4

Post by PiggyWiggy3 »

I just recently bought a MiniPOV4, and I'm having some trouble getting the software to work. I downloaded Processing 2.1.2 (it's the closest to 2.0.3 I could find) and controlP5 2.0.4. I'm on MacOS 10.13. The program works, but once I press "Open Image" it just freezes there, no error message or anything. The button stays the lighter blue color even when I move the cursor away. Open BIN File does the same thing. The other two buttons don't freeze the program, they just display the appropriate error message. Here's what the log says before freezing:
ControlP5 2.0.4 infos, comments, questions at http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5
ready
openImg clicked
Chooser
set CD
ChoosableFilter

After this nothing happens, even when left for about 10 minutes.
Thanks in advance for any help!

crusaderabbit

Re: Unable to load image for MiniPOV4

Post by crusaderabbit »

Dude- you must be a newbie like me. I too had the same problems you mention above. I got my image to download by doing this:

googled Processing 2.0.3 and found a free download at this link http://www.npackd.org/p/org.processing. ... ng64/2.0.3 if this is not the format that you use then look elsewhere on the site for your computer or do a new search as did.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY DOWNLOAD THE ADAFRUIT DRIVER FOR USBtiny. Follow the tutorial link for installing Adafruit drivers that is given in MiniPov tutorial.

I was having the same problem you have until I did these two things. I hope this works for you. Good Luck!

PiggyWiggy3

Post by PiggyWiggy3 »

Unfortunately I can't get 2.0.3 from that link since I'm on a mac :/

crusaderabbit

Post by crusaderabbit »

Try this link http://mac.freewareupdate.com/download-processing/ I found it by googling Processing 2.0.3 download for Mac. If that link does not work then use the same search until you find one that does. Don't skip the Adafruit driver installation for USBtiny. Also, is your image 8 pixels high in a png format, 8 bits. You can make that in Photoshop. Maybe your image is not recognizable to the program because it is not in the correct format. I think the link will work for you.

PiggyWiggy3

Post by PiggyWiggy3 »

I found that link before, but it turns out a 404 error unfortunately. Also, I don't even have the option to choose an image yet, so I'm not worried about the size of image yet (though I'm starting with the provided test image) Also for mac, a USB driver is not needed.

crusaderabbit

Post by crusaderabbit »

Sorry. I forget that Mac users don't need a driver. Like I said, I'm new. I looked at your post when I was trying to get mine to work and thought I could help. Keep looking for a Mac version of 2.0.3. Hope someone from Adafruit will help you out. Sorry I was not any help.

PiggyWiggy3

Post by PiggyWiggy3 »

No problem! I really appreciate that you tried to help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”