AVR device not responding - possible USB issue?
I apologize as I know this question has been posted several times before, but I haven't been able to find what I need to get my POV3 to work. I'm to the point where I think its either related to the USB or my soldering (which I did for the first time on this project so its highly likely its me).
1. I am using the MiniPOV3 kit
2. I am running 64bit Windows 7
3. I am using the USB to Serial adapted that was recommended for the kit at order time (part # SY-ADA15006 from IOCrest). I unzipped and replaced the AVRDUDE.exe and .config files with the USB versions as well. Also, as suggested I attempted to increase the USB wait time to 3000.
4. When I turn the power on without the USB connected the LEDs go through a sequential pattern and all 8 light up
5. I get an AVR device error when I attempt to run the make program command. I have not changed the default programming.
(I have another picture of the side of the back including the serial port adapter but I'm having trouble uploading it, please let me know if you need it and I can reply to the post with the second pic.)
I have visually inspected the soldering I think its ok, but included the pics in case I'm misunderstanding something. I don't see any bridges or anything, but like I said above, I'm new to this :).
One thing to note, I'm not sure if it matters or not but I had some trouble loading the drivers for the USB to Serial connector from the disk that came with the cable. The install program would run about half way then quit and say it did not install the drivers. However when I look in device manager it says the device does not need a driver so this may not be an issue.
Lastly, I have left the makefile pointed at COM1 as that is the only com that I am able to get a response on. I tried COM0 but the make program was unable to find that port. However, I'm not sure that COM1 is correct either. When I looked in device manager I saw that the location is listed as "Port_#0001.Hub_#0004", however I am not sure how I would input that into the makefile.
Thanks in advance for any help, like I said I'm new to this so its possible I've done something stupid :).