What do I need to change to reduce the display speed?

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
indecided

What do I need to change to reduce the display speed?

Post by indecided »

I've got my miniPOV2 up and running, but I find that the POV effect requires too fast a movement.

What portions of C do I have to modify to slow down the speed?

Thanks!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

have you tried reading the code? theres a BIG comment telling you how to do it... ;)

text

Post by text »

Ladyada,
This comment seems a bit harsh ? Please remember a big majority of us here are just starting to learn this and try and develop it as a new hobby. Some have programming experience and some have hardware experience but very few have both. I am having the same problem, because before finding your site I was never interested in programming.
So be proud of your achievments, but please be patient with others .

We all have to start somewhere !!!

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

it may be harsh...but the fact of the matter is there -is- a detailed explaination in the code on how the timing is set.
i cant learn how to modify the code -for you-, you have to go in there and do it yourself!

text

Post by text »

Hi Ladyada,

Nobody is asking you to do it all for them!
But if you had the time it would be nice to see another example at a different speed, so that people could work out what has been altered. This may seem like a extremely remedial task to people who understand coding, but to others it is virtually impossible.

If anyone else is in the same position please speak up, and dont just wait for answers !!! Or am I the only stupid one here???

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”