MINIPOV 4 - adafruit driver for Windows 10

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
youngkreisler

MINIPOV 4 - adafruit driver for Windows 10

Post by youngkreisler »

I'm having trouble installing adafruit driver in Window 10. After going through the installation described here: https://learn.adafruit.com/usbtinyisp/drivers, when I plug in the MINIPOV4 unit with power on, I get "USB device not recognized" message flashing every few seconds. The device flashes in the Device Manager but doesn't persist. This keeps going and there is not actionable option for me to correct the problem.
If I plug in the unit with power off, the "USB device not recognized" flashes once, and a "Unkown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed" device shows up in Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. When I tried manually install the driver by selection "Update Driver Software" and navigate to the folder with USBtiny.inf, I just get the error message "The folder you specified doesn't contain any compatible software..." I've tried downloaed "adafruit_drive.exe", "usbtiny_signed_8.zip", and "usbtinyisp_win_driver_v1.10.zip" and got the same result.
Does the driver actually work for Windows 10? Has anyone managed to get this working in this OS?

Franklin97355

Re: MINIPOV 4 - adafruit driver for Windows 10

Post by Franklin97355 »

Could you post large (less than 1meg,~800x600), clear, detailed pictures of both sides of your board showing any soldering you have done and the connections to it?

youngkreisler

Post by youngkreisler »

Here are a couple of pictures. The module works fine. And the driver and software worked fine when I used my office machine running Windows 7. I was able to load images to the MiniPOV with no problem. But I haven't been able to get the driver going on my home machine running Windows 10.
IMG_20160328_103504.jpg
IMG_20160328_103504.jpg (681.37 KiB) Viewed 1233 times
IMG_20160328_103515.jpg
IMG_20160328_103515.jpg (630.38 KiB) Viewed 1233 times

Juanka

Post by Juanka »

Hi, i was having the same issues until I installed the USBTiny package from the Adafruit Installer

But once you get there, you might end up where I am at, which is a few more issues lol. G'luck.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”