MiniPOV4_ImageConverter code error

MiniPOV4 and previous versions

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Otb213

MiniPOV4_ImageConverter code error

Post by Otb213 »

Hello recently purchased the MiniPOV4 and have enjoyed putting this kit together. Everything is working as it should and I have received the initial flashing light design that comes standard with the component. I am now trying to modify the display and I am getting code errors when I try and run the MiniPOV4_ImageConverter in the Processing IDE as instructed in the learn section of the kit's webpage. I am not particularly good at coding and really need some help with this issue.

hiduino

Re: MiniPOV4_ImageConverter code error

Post by hiduino »

Can you list the errors you are getting?

Otb213

Post by Otb213 »

Here is the list of errors produced by the IDE
Line 63) The method setLabel(String) from the type Controller<Button> is deprecated
Line 70) The method setLabel(String) from the type Controller<Button> is deprecated
Line 77) The method setLabel(String) from the type Controller<Button> is deprecated
Line 84) The method setLabel(String) from the type Controller<Button> is deprecated
Line 205) The function "showOpenDialog()" expects parameters like:"showOpenDialog(Component)"
Line 311) The function "showSaveDialog()" expects parameters like:"showSaveDialog(Component)"
Line 335) The function "showOpenDialog()" expects parameters like:"showOpenDialog(Component)"
Line 375) The value of the parameteris not used

hiduino

Post by hiduino »

Which version of Processing are you using?
Most likely you will need to use one of the older versions, v2.2.1. There are some compatibility issues with the newer version 3.0.2.

Otb213

Post by Otb213 »

Yes I am currently using the newest version of processing the 3.0.2 Where can I find the older version?

hiduino

Post by hiduino »

Otb213

Post by Otb213 »

Thank you for the assistance with the proper version of the processing program. Now I am having trouble with my device being recognized by my laptop. I am running Windows 10 and I can't find the proper drivers for my controller to be recognized as USBtiny so I can try and upload the test design imagines to my minipov

hiduino

Post by hiduino »

You can try these drivers, https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ard ... dows-setup. It should contain the USBtiny drivers.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MiniPOV”