a couple of questions about what I need and where to get it

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dolex

a couple of questions about what I need and where to get it

Post by dolex »

#218 arrived a while ago. I have recently purchased a WES51 Soldering Iron, and have a digital multimeter.

Where can I get a board holder online that fits the x0xb0x's main PCB?

Do I need the solder paste if I paid to have the USB pre-done for me?

I want to build a power supply before I build the x0xb0x, is there a kit that would provide everything I need for the testing while building the x0xb0x?

evilxsystems

Re: a couple of questions about what I need and where to get

Post by evilxsystems »

dolex wrote: Where can I get a board holder online that fits the x0xb0x's main PCB?

Do I need the solder paste if I paid to have the USB pre-done for me?

I want to build a power supply before I build the x0xb0x, is there a kit that would provide everything I need for the testing while building the x0xb0x?
Not sure where to get the board holder, I made mine without one, I used a couple pieces of foam to hold the board off the bench. You don't need the solder paste if you have the pre-soldered USB, but it's handy if you ever want to mod a PS2 :). I posted the plans for a small power supply on the board that I built for less than $5 (you can search through my old posts) that worked, but in all honesty I never needed to use it, I waited to calibrate the VCO and VCF until after I finished the sequencer section and could just push a button on the keyboard to send the proper voltage...

-jason

dolex

Post by dolex »

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”