eeprom...

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
diplowave

eeprom...

Post by diplowave »

Hi, the eeprom CAT25320LI-G is not available, by which candidate to replace it?

antto

Re: eeprom...

Post by antto »

any eeprom that is SPI (not i2c, not parallel), 4MHz or faster, 4KBytes (or 32Kbit), in DIP-8 or SMD SO-8/SOIC-8 (but via an adapter board)

FRAM also works, there if you can't find 4KBytes, you can choose a chip with bigger capacity (up to 64KBytes) since the page size doesn't matter
here's what i use in mine: Image

diplowave

Post by diplowave »

Yes, thanks. https://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/ON- ... kM7g0oo%3D

I had a Chinese x0x of a guy, i looked, there is another kind of eeprom in smd, but i can not read, maybe A1ML 58BL 0F2250A?:

antto

Post by antto »

seems i can't edit my post

forgot to mention: it has to work at 5V, and if the eeprom size is different, check that the page size is 32 bytes, since a firmware written (properly) for the original eeprom (as per the BOM) would expect the page size to be 32 bytes
if you're gonna use FRAM - the page size won't matter

the eeprom you linked is 8KBytes, automotive grade, the pinout matches, it's SOIC-8 (you'll need an adapter), it has some extra fancy features, i guess it shouldn't be a problem, the page size is 32

this one should certainly work: https://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Mic ... %252BOw%3D
also 25LC320A-I/P (same as above but different operating voltage range, still runs at 5V)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”