Making of xOxbOx
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, hamburgers, phono

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Making of xOxbOx

by draognfly on Wed May 25, 2005 1:39 am

Hey there,

I know a great PCB manufacturer who does short prototype runs for around 80 cents Canadaian funds per square inch, and can run as few as 2 boards at a time. I would like to get some made so I can make my own synyth from scratch including additions to the design to accomodate mods.

Has anyone tried converting the DXF format files to a Gerber-274X with a reliable Aperture and NC Drill format file? I have seen some DXF converters, but without the actual eagle project file published along with the rest of the schematics it would be a real pain to have to re-make the PCB design from scratch in EZTracks or something.
draognfly

by adafruit on Wed May 25, 2005 2:24 am

i think you're confused. the DXFs are for the front panel. we have not released the pcb gerbers or board files.

adafruit

by draognfly on Thu May 26, 2005 12:13 am

ladyada wrote:i think you're confused. the DXFs are for the front panel. we have not released the pcb gerbers or board files.

Erm. Yah. The Schematic, rather. It was late, and the demo version of eagle doesn't process anything larger than an inch or so.
draognfly

by EvilXyzzy on Tue May 31, 2005 2:25 pm

Actually the demo version of Eagle will load whatever size file you download, you just cant edit/save it.
EvilXyzzy

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.