Actual cost thread (international duty & tariff)

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
elektrovolt

Post by elektrovolt »

got it last week. had to pay 59,69 euros... (the netherlands)

Electricmuse

x0x #149 here!

Post by Electricmuse »

I had to pay 72 euros. Slightly more than most in The Netherlands, but still just a couple of euros difference. Now to build the box...!

kokoon

Post by kokoon »

i had to pay 77 euro. the import tax rate was 20% (and not 8.5% as i expected) no matter how much i tried to explain how EDUCATIONAL the item was. i was explained then that *everything* electronic has the high tax rate.

so alltogether it cost me (with the prebuilt USB and without the wallwart) ~375 EUR (~450 USD)

flewid

Canada - Ontario (Ottawa)

Post by flewid »

I just received my x0x today..

above and beyond the initial order (everything) and 15$ for the shipping from adafruit, I had to pay 55.67 at the post office.

the dood there told me the way they do the customs is "pst and gst on the total value declared, plus a handling fee, usually 5$ for this size of box"

:)

can't wait to get it built!

stevenclements

Post by stevenclements »

You gotta love Canadian Post... flewid paid... I didn't

My x0xb0x arrived today. I've not opened the box yet but its in perfect condition not even scuffed.

Not taxes no duty nothing... it was identified as educational electronic's kit and I think that's what allowed it to pass unfettered by tax. At least that's what happened to a previous package as well.

I used parcel post... and it shipped out of the USA on the 31 March and arrived here the 7th of April... all n all not to shabby.

cheers.

Now if I could purchase some time to build... :)

must get to it

cheers
Steve

packrat

Post by packrat »

Australian customs clearly didn't blink an eye. (In theory, airmailed or mailed packages need to exceed AU$1000 to be picked up), so the kit arrived happily yesterday.

B>

psmacmur

Canada post duty

Post by psmacmur »

#330 arrived in tdot with $55 and change owing (probably the same 55.67 as flewid: $5 handling plus the taxes).

impressive packing, btw.

dj_stick

Post by dj_stick »

mel - aus here, opened the front door to find it sitting underneath the doormat…

.spec

Post by .spec »

#337 Posted 18 June, arrived at my door 23 June (and promptly went away again - like I'm gonna hear a doorbell at 6.53am?). Now safely in my hands 10 days later.

For those ordering from the UK and using Global Express Mail, ParcelForce are USPS handlers. Should your parcel seem to disappear after Track & Confirm states 'delivery attempted' (as mine did), it's because they don't drop cards if there's nobody home and additional payment is due on the package. Instead they'll send a letter, which in my case arrived after nearly a week of fretting. So, if you've any worries, check HERE by entering the Track & Confirm number you get in the email from USPS Shipping Services and tick 'Incoming international parcel?'. You'll then get a new ParcelForce Track & Trace number and an update on the parcel's location.

Costs:

£207.34 for the kit, plus detented tuning pot and pre-built USB, minus power adapter
£44.66 for import duty, VAT and handling (Gawd bless 'Er Majistees Customs awfficers!)

£252 Total

Bossi

Post by Bossi »

313 shipped to Belgium. Only 10 euros customs declartion cost because it has been declared as an Educational Kit, but somethimes they see a kit as a full electronical piece of equipement and then taxes go up to 10 % of the declaration price. Also a trick is declare it as a gift ( only 10 euros here ), then there's no discussion about the import costs. Maybe a trick for those more expensive countries ?

Cheers
Bossi

beno

Post by beno »

Cost to Buckinghamshire, UK: 31.85£ for customs and Royal Mail delivery

wasubot

Post by wasubot »

Sydney no duty which is what i expect via normal mail at least at that value. Courier would probably attract duty.

rephlex

Post by rephlex »

To Nottingham, UK:
Tax - £31.84
x0x with no psu and tuning knob - £186.40

Total: £200.24

m.u.f.f

Post by m.u.f.f »

Rephlex wrote:To Nottingham, UK:
Tax - £31.84
x0x with no psu and tuning knob - £186.40

Total: £200.24
when did the package ship?

m.u.f.f

Post by m.u.f.f »

to amsterdam, holland
57,03 euro's

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”