x0xb0x help?
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, hamburgers, phono

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

x0xb0x help?

by atomist on Sat May 28, 2005 7:40 pm

Is there any specific forum to ask about problems I am running into with my x0xb0x?

The analog part is all working fine just the sequencer now. I can't get the commapi working somehow so I don't know if the atmel actually has the x0xb0x.hex file loaded on it. Everytime I plug in my x0xb0x the LED's light up everytime a bit different and of course nothing works.

-- atm
atomist

by adafruit on Sat May 28, 2005 8:51 pm

You shouldnt need to run the CommAPI stuff (for the bootloader)...the x0x should 'just work' out of the box (just dont turn it on in bootloader mode)
if thats not working, then check that you put in the microcontroller properly

adafruit

by atomist on Sat May 28, 2005 11:26 pm

yay got it chirping! turned out a piece of wire shorted the 16 mhz and i guess it was running atmel.

now I just need to get an osci to finetune it.
atomist

by adafruit on Sat May 28, 2005 11:33 pm

congrats! :) you're the first successful production-run builder. if you dont mind, please stick around to help me assist the other 40 or so.

also, you can tune the VCO using the "keyboard" mode since the two C's are all thats necessary to do that. the resonance stuff -is- tougher to tune 'precisely as an original' ...but you can also just mess with it till it sounds good.

btw, how long do you think it took you (hours)?

adafruit

by atomist on Sun May 29, 2005 12:04 am

I received it on friday from fedex. Started at 6:30pm and went to be maybe 3am.

Then today I spend from 10am to about 2pm finishing it up and gave it another 1hr's troubleshooting the stuck wire that probably got there from a resistor I clipped.

Right now discovering the depths of all the filters. mmmmmmm

So I would say all in all 14hours (with breaks for snacks and driving to radio shack 2 times to get a fuse for the multimeter and desoldering stuff). I havent soldered in a few years now too so took me a bit to get back into the routing.

I'll definately stick around and probably gonna record some samples tomorrow.

Now I want an 808! hehe
atomist

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.