Bug in Envelope section.. (?)
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, hamburgers, phono

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bug in Envelope section.. (?)

by Jonnay on Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:58 am

The testing instructions go like this...
1. Power up the main board by connecting J4 as before. (righto)
2. Clip one end of an alligator clip to the south side of R146 (gate). (gotcha)
3. Connect the other end to the exposed side of R10 on the IO board (which provides +5V) (err.. say what again?)

On my IO board, (which came USB pre-soldered + tested) R10 is really close to the USB connector, and not in between D44 and D46 as pictured. So my thought is that I should really be using R2. Or maybe R3?

Another thing is that it tells you to test the voltage at D35 and D36.. except... they get soldered in at the VCA stage, no? Should I solder in the VCA, and then test? Or at least, that particular section of the VCA? Or, should I just test at the positive side of D35 and D36, and ground at R179?
Jonnay

Re: Bug in Envelope section.. (?)

by Brandon Daniel on Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Jonnay wrote:The testing instructions go like this...
1. Power up the main board by connecting J4 as before. (righto)
2. Clip one end of an alligator clip to the south side of R146 (gate). (gotcha)
3. Connect the other end to the exposed side of R10 on the IO board (which provides +5V) (err.. say what again?)

On my IO board, (which came USB pre-soldered + tested) R10 is really close to the USB connector, and not in between D44 and D46 as pictured. So my thought is that I should really be using R2. Or maybe R3?

Another thing is that it tells you to test the voltage at D35 and D36.. except... they get soldered in at the VCA stage, no? Should I solder in the VCA, and then test? Or at least, that particular section of the VCA? Or, should I just test at the positive side of D35 and D36, and ground at R179?

for others, since I just got to this bit:

I used r11 for the 5v gate source, r10 wasn't doing it for me.

as for testing at the diode points, I just stuck my probes on the pads for the upper side of the diodes that weren't placed yet, that worked just fine.
Brandon Daniel

by adafruit on Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:43 pm

sorry, our old pcb has R10, its really R3 (fixed now) and i think we did our testing out of order. grammar has been adjusted....

adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.