x0xb0x BOM v1.9 attached (last updated March 6 2009)

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
LoopStar

Re: Polyester Caps

Post by LoopStar »

synthasonic wrote:Hmmm... I bought a WillZYX express kit, thinking I'd be all set b/c I have a lot of parts sitting around, only to discover that Mouser and Digikey no longer carry polyester caps. Jameco's site is currently down, so I can't check there. Small Bear has a few, but not all of the values needed for a x0xb0x. Can anyone recommend another source for these caps?

Thanks!

Sam E.
Ran into the same problem recently when sourcing the parts for my thitrd x0x (had some parts lying around). I replaced the Xiconn caps with Wima caps. Took me some time to find out which cap had the right spacing. Also the Wima caps are quite big, so thing got quite narrow in some places. b0x works like a charm nontheless!

LoopStar

Re: Polyester Caps

Post by LoopStar »

synthasonic wrote:Hmmm... I bought a WillZYX express kit, thinking I'd be all set b/c I have a lot of parts sitting around, only to discover that Mouser and Digikey no longer carry polyester caps. Jameco's site is currently down, so I can't check there. Small Bear has a few, but not all of the values needed for a x0xb0x. Can anyone recommend another source for these caps?

Thanks!

Sam E.
Ran into the same problem recently when sourcing the parts for my thitrd x0x (had some parts lying around). I replaced the Xiconn caps with Wima caps. Took me some time to find out which cap had the right spacing. Also the Wima caps are quite big, so thing got quite narrow in some places. b0x works like a charm nontheless! Only cap I didn't get from Wima was the .018uF (2A183K). Fortunately http://www.musikding.de still carried the Xicon one.

decoder23

Re: x0xb0x BOM v1.9 attached (last updated March 6 2009)

Post by decoder23 »

check out the yx series form nichicon. all required values are available at digikey.

stinkleton

Re: x0xb0x BOM v1.9 attached (last updated March 6 2009)

Post by stinkleton »

The entry for the 4066 IC should be updated in the BOM.

It is not enough to get a 4066 that "has "4066" somewhere on the body".

It must have an operating voltage that can handle 12v.

ex.
CD4066BE will work.
74HC4066 will not.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”