There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Digital Section not working
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, mome rath

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Digital Section not working

by kom on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello,

I just completed my X0Xb0x but unfortunately it does not work. There is just a humming sound on the headphone. No LEDs light up, no reaction on turning/pressing switches. So far, I found out that there is only 1.29 Volts on pin 40 on the cpu. when I disconnect J3 from the mainboard there is 5Volts on PIN 3 and 4 of J3. Voltage on J4 is correct, even if J3 is connected to mainboard.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
kom
kom

Re: Digital Section not working

by MMM on Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:06 pm

If the CPU is socketed please remove it and measure again the voltage between the appropriate points of the socket (pin 40 and pin 20).
MMM

by kom on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:54 am

Hi MMM,

thanks for your reply.
After spending two hours of investigating the issue, I found out that I put in IC6 resp. the corresponding IC socket backwards. Just turned IC6 around and now it works as expected. I also had an issue with white noise which was caused by a cold solder joint on a transistor. Now my xoxbox produces the sound we all love and I am very happy with it.

Best regards,
kom
kom

by MMM on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Good to hear that things are working now. Have a lot of fun with your xoxbox!
MMM

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.