XoXBox CV IN and so on?

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
audioanalogie

XoXBox CV IN and so on?

Post by audioanalogie »

Hello there,
i hope i'm in the right forum here. I'm nor an engeneer neither an hobbyist but i'd love to acess my xoxbox via another controller. Means: How is it possible to control Cutoff, Resonance , EnV Mod, Decay and Accent via external gear? Sorry for this beginners questions and i hope, somebody can help me out. I was stumbling over this Kenton Socket Upgrade Kits but i dunno if this is the real deal. I'm from Germany. Does anybody from Mod Machines possibly can modify this (for some or more Euro€€€€€)? Are there other possibilitys? Kind regards, Michael

antto

Re: XoXBox CV IN and so on?

Post by antto »

i get the feeling you want to use it with a modular setup
if that's so - there are 303 "modules" (with CV-IN) available from elsewhere afaik

audioanalogie

Post by audioanalogie »

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.
Sorry that i made a wrong description.

I stumbled over this from Brain and that's the thing i'm possbily looking for...

http://www.alphazone1.com/x0xi0/io/

Thing is, i'd like to control the xoxbox via Midi-Controller (and CC). So, there's a possibility with that? Putting a CV (and more) to Midi Converter between? I'm such a greenhorn...
Should be possible then?

antto

Post by antto »

the x0xb0x controls cannot be controlled via MIDI, they are analog potentiometers part of the synth circuit

to make them controllable via MIDI-CC it will require ADC, a microcontroller and similar stuff

audioanalogie

Post by audioanalogie »

Oh my goodness, never heard about that. Have to read about that topic... Any hints which gadgets can be used for that? How do others solve this problem in an easy way? Thanks again for your time! Will look up again tomorrow...

antto

Post by antto »

no, that's far beyond my electronics knowlage
iirc there was some midi-retrofit kit for the TB-303 which had the CUTOFF parameter controlled by MIDI CC, but just that

isak

Post by isak »

First of all Antto is right.
Second of all the rules made for them to be broken ;)
In the wiki you have mods guides, when you'll finish doing the vcf cv in I'll help you to controlled it via silent way and your sound card :)
Then you can automation or even keyboard tracking the will be cool :)

audioanalogie

Post by audioanalogie »

Hello there again. Thanks for your thoughts. The Midi-Retrofit from Kenton was the thing i stumbled over, too. As far as i can see offer to build in the kit by their engeneers. They also serve different interfaces/converters to let things run. The Silent Way Software is very attractive, though and would be the solution then. Thing is, i don't want to control via computer but with a hardware-sequencer, and especially via CC!
I was browsing through x0xm0dz. I'm a bit confused now what to do...

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”