is my machine working correctly?

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pich

is my machine working correctly?

Post by pich »

Hi I've fully built my x0xb0x and I'm not sure if the sound I'm getting is the correct sound that machine is supposed to make, I know they all sound a bit different but I'm not feeling the screaming acid sound or the filthy acid lines that I hear on YouTube or my records? I wanted to know if there was a acid test to see if my box is sounding how it should? Does anyone have a nice pattern to really show off all the sounds that this box is known for, im not sure if I have to do a few mods to get it where I want it, I can hear the sound I want in there but it's kind of in the background, it maybe my speakers or something too, any heel would be great
Thanks

antto

Re: is my machine working correctly?

Post by antto »

it would help if you record a short demo, tweaking the knobs..

have in mind that many of the recordings of 303s (and clones) in tracks may use FX, and many of the units have been tweaked and modified
a very common mod is probably the resonance-boost mod, because normally the filter doesn't scream too much (but some desire that, me included)

here are a few rebith patterns in .nsp format, you can load them into the x0x via BANNED (connect, then go to the pattern editor, select a bank and an unused pattern slot, press LOAD and select the .nsp file, then hit CTRL+S to send it to the x0x)
Attachments
a_few_rebirth_patterns_NSP.zip
(722 Bytes) Downloaded 67 times

pich

Post by pich »

Thanks a lot ill give then a try after today :-), I need to get a decent sound card for my laptop and ill record a sample, I got few things to put in there like some high gain transistors and I got a Open music lab clone chip to put in too, I appreciate your help boss

pich

Post by pich »

I would love it to sound like this one :-)
http://youtu.be/b1igKqVv0FY

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”