drone/hum after mods?

Discuss x0x construction and related issues

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
pich

drone/hum after mods?

Post by pich »

I've finished modding my x0xb0x and am really happy with it, I did a lot of mods and only just managed to fit it all in, now tho when I switch the box on I get a continuous drone sound or a hum and if I pay with the switches I can get it to go buy in unsure why it happens? It plays patterns fine and doesn't affect the sound, I kind of like it coz it makes the x0xb0x seem ALIVE! :-), anyone know why this might be happening?
Thank you

antto

Re: drone/hum after mods?

Post by antto »

is it a 50/60Hz square-like or triangle-like sound? if so - it's probably mains hum

pich

Post by pich »

Im not sure as I don't have a scope but I dont think it's that, it was after a mod that it started happening, I'm not sure whether to fix it or leave it, basically when the x0xb0x is just on you get some sort of vco type sound that you can alter with the knobs.

diplowave

Post by diplowave »

I have one without mods that has the same problem... If we stop the sequencer there is still a drone sound, that i can play it with the resonance and i can increase the intensity of this sound drone by increasing the potentiometer envelope.
That's pretty much the same as a gate ON mode (When you stop the sequencer, the gate ON mode creates a drone that looks like this, but still different is not infinite), except that in my case, the drone sound is infinite, and the x0x hasen't mods. I also noticed that when the sequencer plays, that, also makes a slight effect of reverb!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Making x0x”