MarOS1.5.0 - Beta Version
Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: MarOS1.5.0 - Beta Version

by Nordcore on Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks for the report, will look at that.

I suspect, I messed something up with the (barely tested) 3/4 mode.
Which has 15 steps "pattern length", but defaults to having step 13 set to "Brick"-Pseudo-Note (=End of pattern mark) ...
so the proper behavior in that mode should be, that it first sets step 1 to 15 to Rest and than step 13 to "Brick". ( ... step 16 is somewhat undefined it that mode, so I would leave that as what happens "naturally" w/o adding extra code lines. )

In usual 4/4 mode, it should of course fill the pattern with 16 rest "notes".

Nordcore

by Paradigm X on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

hey

sorry dont mean to spam you with requests, but something else ive noticed/thought.

if youre synced externally and stop the sequence with run/stop, if you then stop the midi source and start again, the x0x starts again. would it be possible to add an option that it stays stopped until you press run/stop again? i totally understand why its the way it is. maybe if you hold run/stop and it detects a midi clock, it could stay stopped, or if not held, start as usual. or a press run/stop and light flashes or not if it will start.

another thing while im rambling; the random playback mode - would it be possible to scale the randomisations at all? ie i find 1-3 most useful, and hence 4-16 are too random. some more 'resolution' at the lower end would be better imho. So options 1-4 scale into say 1-12, with bigger jumps at the far end. Like a logarithmic pot. just a thought.

either way, all good, really really chuffed with this firmware even as it is. not used my x0xes for a ages and bang into it again, thanks again!

cheers
Ben
Paradigm X

by Nordcore on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 am

Scaling the random should be a possible thing to do.

The sync delay isn't that big deal from the software logic, but as I have nearly no program space left, I hesitate spending the last hundred bytes for new features. That would make future bug fixes nearly impossible.

Nordcore

by rv0 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:42 am

RE: the "staying stopped" feature
in n0nx0x thats the Bypass Master Start/Stop feature, accessed by pressing FUNCTION while starting.. Just FYI ;)

rv0

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.