x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
xjn

Re: x0xi0 Full Kit - Install & Troubleshooting

Post by xjn »

Figured out the PS problem last night, had a 150k resistor in there instead of a 150... works a lot better now.

Still have a bunch of glitchy things going on, both the midi clock and the din sync seemingly run on a different time base now, sequencer stops sometimes, sequencer/step LEDs glitch occasionally.

I also still need to find a replacement gate push switch, plus I melted the slide knob a bit with the side of my iron while screwing around with the PS, would like to find a replacement for that too. Does anybody have a mouser part # for this?

I'm also thinking about making some changes and additions. I'd much rather have slide and accent outs instead of ins, but wouldn't mind having both available. I'd also like to move the functions that use the headphone jack to panel mounted 1/8 jacks instead because I don't want to lose the headphones.. Where can I find the schematics? I've searched google a bunch of times but can't find anything.

xjn

Post by xjn »

Figured out the midi sync problem. I accidentally plugged the THRU out of the x0xb0x into the OUT of my Korg KP3 instead of the IN. It was sending clock along this back to the x0xb0x into the THRU port and getting sync and start/stop from the 707 at the same time... this made the sequencer run approximately twice as fast. Plugging things in correctly fixes this, but I didn't think a midi THRU is supposed to work like this..

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Hi,
I'm currently build my new and last x0xi0 and i would like to know if i have to mount tantalum capacitor C329 and C330 on I/O board because in the last doc v1.2 you don't talk about them. I use custom boards. Thanks for your help.

yumeiki

Post by yumeiki »

Any news from Brian BANNED?
I was going to buy some parts from him but the site is down.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

yumeiki wrote:Any news from Brian BANNED?
http://x0xi0.com

yumeiki

Post by yumeiki »

darffader wrote:
yumeiki wrote:Any news from Brian BANNED?
http://x0xi0.com
oh, thankyou, i've searched everywhere, clearly not so deep.

G.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Hi all

After letting my unfinished x0xI0 rest in a box for a couple of years (one of the first custom pcb, standard case kits) I decided to finish it last week.
Everything went well except that I have 2 issues:

- VCO1 square wave not working
=> When the VCO1 waveform selection switch is set to "SAW", The square wave is clearly present on PIN 2, however when I switch to square, the sound drops to silence.
As a test, I turned down VCO1 volume (VR405) all the way and injected the square signal from PIN 2 after VR405 (with the waveform selection switch set to saw). The result was still silence.
I then proceeded to inject the signal further down, right after R418 (using a ±200k resistor to level it). The result was hearing a perfect square as one would expect from a x0x.
Other things I tried is bypassing the VCF by placing a jack into the VCO OUT. This did not help.
Any ideas of things I can try?

- ENV (2?) issues
I have read quite a lot about the subject, so I think I know how things should respond, but I think it doesn't work like it should.
I don't seem to get by the first test in the manual, whatever I try, the ENV2 led is either on or off. I haven't researched this in detail yet, I'd like to get VCO1 fixed first.
Another -not so annoying- issue with the ENV that may be related is that sometimes when I press stop, I get a "hanging" note, which sustains forever. The only way to stop it is by playing and stopping again. I've confirmed that this is not a firmware issue by trying several firmwares.

I have contacted Brian about the VCO1 issue, but a solution hasn't come up yet. Due to my impatience I'm posting it here, it may help other people.

luisonly

Post by luisonly »

Anyone knows where i can purchase a x0xi0 kit for my x0xb0x? I cant get a hold of Brian through his website and they seem to have a lack of stock.....

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Brian is hard to get hold off.. He's https://www.facebook.com/pages/Abstrakt ... 7466154606 nowadays

Too bad, my x0xI0 still has the same issues posted above and he's not replying to my mails for about a year now :(

luisonly

Post by luisonly »

Im in badly need of a xoxio upgrade... Brian too busy making dancy synths to help a poor man in need :(

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Meanwhile, my "VCO1 square wave not working" issue is solved (was probably a bad solder joint or a short).

On to the next problem:
- ENV (2?) issues
I have read quite a lot about the subject, so I think I know how things should respond, but I think it doesn't work like it should.
I don't seem to get by the first test in the manual, whatever I try, the ENV2 led is either on or off. I haven't researched this in detail yet, I'd like to get VCO1 fixed first.
Another -not so annoying- issue with the ENV that may be related is that sometimes when I press stop, I get a "hanging" note, which sustains forever. The only way to stop it is by playing and stopping again. I've confirmed that this is not a firmware issue by trying several firmwares.
And a recording: https://soundcloud.com/rv0/x0xi0stuck/s-6CaCG

homers

Post by homers »

Hello,

After 3 years I'm starting to work on my xoxio (Full kit rev. 2.0 pcb) as well and ran into some issues.
I tried to contacted Brian but no luck so far :(
I wonder if a forum member can help me out providing the schematics which are no longer on the xoxio site.

xjn

Post by xjn »

homers

Post by homers »

@xjn
Awesome - Thank you very much.
I keep you posted about the progress of the build.

rv0

Post by rv0 »

Would you by any chance also have the rev 1.0 schematics?
At least, I think thats what I need, I have 1.0 mainboard.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”