x0xi0 Full mod kit - 2nd Run waiting list & Details

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
loneraver

Re: x0xi0 Full mod kit - 2nd Run waiting list & Details

Post by loneraver »

bcbox wrote:I do build them sometimes for the right amount of money.
What is the right amount of money? Since I know nothing about electronics, I was going to get a friend to do it but I'd rather have someone one with experience put it together even it costs me more.

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

The kits haven't shipped yet, I ended up spending a good bit of time on the custom mainboard pcb as I'll mention below.
I have all the parts except tempo rotary encoder (kits comes with a new one) so it's just a matter finishing the sorting and packaging. It's going to be a lot easier to pack kits this time.
For the first run I had four types of kits...
- Full kits with standard trimpots
- Full kits with upgraded trimpots
- Upgrade kits with standard trimpots
- Upgrade kits with upgraded trimpots!

This is what led to the confusion with some people getting too less or too many of some resistors & caps.
I will be emailing the 2nd run group this weekend asking if you want the (3) surface mount parts pre-soldered.
Kits will start being mailed next week.

I finished the new mainboard and sent out for (30) pieces. It took quite a bit of time to capture the schematic and lay it out for my mods, and to model it all so I know everything fits correctly. Here's a few screen shots below showing what it looks like and how it goes together with the x0xi0 top panel. You can see the use of pin headers to join the two boards...
they'll be here in about a week. Now I'm back to updating documentation and testing the website.

Last edited by bcbox on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

darkcube

Post by darkcube »

i'd like to get on the list for a full kit, if there's a slot available. thanks! :)

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

Inspiring work BC. You don't mess around. Can't wait to try the modded main board too. Very cool.

e:pp:ik

Post by e:pp:ik »

[quote][/quote]
Last edited by e:pp:ik on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigenous

Post by indigenous »

Hi Brian,

I would like to know if and when the mainboard will be available?

How much are you planning to offer the replacement Main Board for?

If you can get this finished before shipping the 2nd run, I might be interested...

K

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

I would like to know if and when the mainboard will be available?
it's coming in 2 1/2 weeks. I tried to expedite a prototype run but it was too big and complicated so I have to wait about 2 1/2 weeks for 30pcs. I triple checked it, simulated it, modeled it and did everything else I could to make sure it's a go so I could avoid having to do an extra prototype run. It should be available in 3 weeks. They're going to be $55.

I've been packing kits during my free time this week. It's taking awhile as I'm taking my time to double check everything. Tomorrow I actually put the stuff it the shipping boxes and start working on the shipping documents. This is what it looks like with all the bags of parts waiting to get put together...

Also, I did an optional custom x0xb0x IO board for use with my kits. The main reason was reliability. I wanted all the power supply on one board with overkill heatsinks and proper mounting to maximize life of the voltage regulators so the kit can take a beating. The additional voltage regulator that goes on the x0xi0 IO board now goes on this one instead - no other changes required. Also, it again eliminates some connections and moves all the connections to the edge of the PCB for better access (also TM6 is positioned for easy access). This pcb should be $20 but I will confirm in a week when parts come in.

psylux

Post by psylux »

Hi,
just wanted to see if you were taking orders/slots? the site at the "alphazone1" domain is borken when you click on anything.

thx

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

just wanted to see if you were taking orders/slots?
yes I still have kits from the 2nd run. I replied to your PM.
the site at the "alphazone1" domain is borken when you click on anything.
yes, I'm testing some of the new website online... most links aren't up yet, it's all just for show at this point.

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

Brian, question about your modified x0xb0x main board, and x0xi0 main boards from the previous first run -- would they be compatible? Or is the x0xi0 main board also changed??

Dan

NullSquare

Post by NullSquare »

Dammit Brian! :lol: Now I have to have one of each of your new PCBs... That is so freakin' cool that I'm just going to have to build another x0xbox with your boards/kits. (That'll make three :o ) Please let me know when I can snag a pair from you (The new mainboard and I/O, but not the kit... yet). :D

grizzz

Post by grizzz »

Hey there,

I sent a PM, but haven't heard back. It looks like the PM is just sitting in my "outbox"... Soooo, in case you didn't get it, if there are any more full kits I want one! :-)

Thanks,
Alex

analographi

Post by analographi »

one of the big problems of the xoxbox for me is the power supply.. I hate that I have to go in with AC...

I'm travelling with my gear and would give a lot to have the xox battery powered or at least taking dc from a 100-250 volts ac/dc switched powersupply...

if you are moding the powersupply this would be my wish for it...

bcbox

Post by bcbox »

just another overdue update, another group of kits is shipping on Saturday. The shipping labels are being completed through paypal tomorrow so some of you guys should get a shipping status update. The last group of kits will ship early next week, most likely on monday march 29th. Here's a pic of some kits ready to go out.. boring unless one of them is yours!

I have made huge progress on the website. It's going to be an invaluable resource and should take things to anther level. It's a lot of busy work really, I want to get it completely done before going online with it.
The custom PCB's haven't arrived yet, I will update with progress on those too when they come in.

kroutshev

Post by kroutshev »

Yeah great job Brian !
Please could you confirm me that's ok with my "special" package ! I can wait to include pcb, no problem !
Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”