In Praise of the x0xi0 Kit

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
NullSquare

In Praise of the x0xi0 Kit

Post by NullSquare »

I just wanted to drop a note in here for Brian BANNED. I have been playing with my fully functional (thanks to his valiant repair efforts) x0xi0 kit (#109) modded x0xb0x and just wanted to say that is possibly when of the finest pieces of mod work I have EVER come across.

If you love your x0x, you'll love it even more after you add this kit. It was no small feat to build it (there are quite a few flying wires and tight spaces to solder in), but it is absolutely worth every single penny that it costs. I plan I building a second one with the custom PCBs that Brian has put together here. Thank you again to Brian for his awesome feat of engineering and dedication to such a great product.

The sounds that I have been pulling from it are f-in' epic. There is a depth to the bass that I have yet to squeeze out of my original (#547 FTW) and the extra complexity, crunch, fuzz, and layers that the mods add to the original x0x are something to behold. Keep in mind that with a few adjustments, it still sounds exactly like an original x0x. Sorry if this sounds preachy or like an ad or something, it just feels like my brain is running out of my skull when I am twiddling with this angry little monster.

I am not by any means a musician, but here's a quick little futz-about that I made with the box. It uses a little bit of everything: VCF overdrive, filter tracking, high-range filter, distortion, the second envelope and VCO. While it doesn't show off the individual features, it does show the crazy things that the x0xi0 kit is capable of doing.

Check it here.

kroutshev

Re: In Praise of the x0xi0 Kit

Post by kroutshev »

I'm absolutly agree with that opinion !
I've already built two x0x with full kit and must build two other models in the near future !!
That kit is absolutly awesome and with it x0x can make incredible sound !!
I love it !
Thanks again Brian !
K.

dnigrin

Post by dnigrin »

And yet another vote of support! I built one of the first run full kits, and I've got my 2nd full kit on order, including the modded x0xb0x main board.... Turns the x0x into a much more flexible machine, with more functionality in the box itself, and much better I/O to other gear too...

Go Brian!

dingebre

Post by dingebre »

Just got my kit. Very professional, carefully packed, marked, and appears to be very high quality. Thanks Brian.

David

Blackout1234

Post by Blackout1234 »

incredible kit. ive owned lots of analog gear over the years (Jupiters, Korg Mono Poly etc) and this thing is just the best sounding thing ever. every knob has its settings in the "sweet spot" ...the settings have been chosen with musical love. The kit is well labelled and very professional. And Brian is a great guy who responds to emails.

This mod turns the XOXbox into an altogether more sophisticated beast...waayyy advanced. a different animal...worth every cent!

Cheers,
Blackout

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”