Ray gun leds and sound
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Ray gun leds and sound

by Recombatant on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi.

I have a 3D printed Forbidden Planet Rifle Blaster that I want to add sound and lights to. Something like the https://learn.adafruit.com/zelda-master-sword, only I don't need motion sensing. I just want to push a trigger button, hear custom sounds, and have the LEDs do the linear chase sequence from the back to the front. Like they do on the sword. Maybe faster. I'm not the best at electrical stuff. I'd appreciate any help I can get on what parts I should get, and details that might help me do this. I've attached an image of the printed blaster. I stuck a flashlight in it to see it lighted.

Thanks in advance,
-Craig

FP-rifle-blaster.jpg
FP-rifle-blaster.jpg (322.08 KiB) Viewed 85 times

Recombatant

Re: Ray gun leds and sound

by Recombatant on Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 am

Hi,

I think I'm coming to realize that this is exactly what I need for the rifle blaster. I just need to know how to have a button press make the LEDs animate instead of motion sensing?

Recombatant

by dastels on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:33 pm

You could do something very similar to the Zelda sword. The propmaker wing has a switch connection that could be attached to a trigger button. You can play the sound & light effect when you detect that it is pressed.

See https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-prop-maker-featherwing for details.

dastels

by Recombatant on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:32 am

Hi, Thanks for the reply. That's good to have some confirmation. I'll get busy on this. Thanks again, -Craig

Recombatant

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.