n0nx0x beta

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rarara

Re: n0nx0x beta

Post by rarara »

shame - was just looking at the 303's tap mode which seems ultra handy. any idea when this will come to fruition? does this need the larger cpu?

antto

Post by antto »

Tap mode - yes, while it doesn't seem very complicated (which is true) what is complicated is the metronome
it'll take quite some code.. Tap mode will have to wait for the CPU mod

meanwhile, beta1.02 is out
fixed Shift<>TimeMode
Began writing the UserManual that was missing, it's not complete, but it's a good start (currently it covers pattern editing, well, only half of it..)
updated the included button layout image..
check the first post for the link :wink:

rarara

Post by rarara »

ok, beta 2 seems to have resolved the shift issue. just a couple of issues though:

1) n0nx0x_Manual.rtf says that "USER C ....................... Pattern-Edit (MIDI Sync)" but i'm not getting this to respond to a midi signal. should any pattern run while a midi-start command is received?

2) while in 'Pattern-Play (MIDI Sync)' mode i can change patterns without a problem until i change bank. to then get a pattern to play i need to also hit a pattern number too (either the current pattern number or a new one).

rv0

Post by rv0 »

hmm havent tested midisync in edit mode. so dont know about 1)
rarara wrote: 2) while in 'Pattern-Play (MIDI Sync)' mode i can change patterns without a problem until i change bank. to then get a pattern to play i need to also hit a pattern number too (either the current pattern number or a new one).
if i understand correctly, thats quite logical behavior to me.. not a bug, but a feature.

rarara

Post by rarara »

its also the way the machine responds when it is in play mode as master, but is that how the 303 works? its not a huge big deal, but seems a way of potentially having notes missed

rv0

Post by rv0 »

hmm dunno if i understand.. should try it out..
in edit mode, patterns change on-the-fly
in play mode, it should wait till end of current pattern

on the 303 you cant change bank without pressing start/stop, which is annoying.

rarara

Post by rarara »

thinking about it, changing bankis a handy way to silence the machine rather than having a blank pattern

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

Hi again.

a short question about transpose in pitch mode.

Original 303: i use the octave up and down buttons as soon as i enter the notes in pitch mode. Not after i entered the notes and then again reenter the pitch mode in order to enter ups and downs with the next button . I only use the next button for slides and accents.
Could this be implemented in the firmware ? It would be an additional feature...or no space anymore? ;)

Am I the only one who program his 303 this way ? :)

This is the only missing thing for me. The rest is perfect. Just as on my 303 :)

And i am really looking forward for the new CPU and the new firmware features...

rv0

Post by rv0 »

edit:

i took my 303 to verify

i learned something new :shock:

it works on 303 only if you hold UP/DOWN before pressing the note.
afaik, there's no mention of this in 303 manual.

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

:) OK...Didn't know that it is not mentioned in the manual (maybe on page 20 in the english manual) but i program the 303 this way from the first day i have it ...never thought about it..just pressed the up/down button and there i got 3 octaves ...:) Just checked my german 303 manual and there it is mentioned on page 13...

I think that if you use the up/down buttons while entering the note you get a better 'feeling' for the sequence...

So if this feature could be implemented in the next release of the firmware i would be very happy :) And the original 303 has this feature and i guess with the x0nx0x firmware we want a perfect clone of the sequencer right? ;)

Thanks

rv0

Post by rv0 »

damn you are so right. thanks for the heads up
page 19 of english manual: "while holding the selector switch marked 9-DOWN, press the "A" key-switch"
page 12-13 of the dutch manual has the same info.

i'm just really amazed i didnt know that lol :lol:

ofcourse, this will become a feature :mrgreen:
thanks a lot for bringing it up.
:?: Any more features we missed? Shoot!

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

Maybe...

I also use the 'sustain" function a lot with tap edit. But that will become a feature with the new CPU i guess..

ah there it is: page 37 in english manual

During tap mode you can hold any of the buttons 1-8 and the note will be 'sustained' as long as you hold e.g. the button labeled '1'...that's a feature i also figured out a bit late :)

rv0

Post by rv0 »

LZ303 wrote: ah there it is: page 37 in english manual

During tap mode you can hold any of the buttons 1-8 and the note will be 'sustained' as long as you hold e.g. the button labeled '1'...that's a feature i also figured out a bit late :)
yeah we know about that one. antto will put this in the firmware along with tap mode when new cpu is available

holding "write/next" will also write sustained notes, but it's easier holding one of the buttons 1-8 indeed.
similar logic is used on early casio synths and such, where there's 2 keys to advance in the sequence to reduce delays between the keypresses

kroffe

Post by kroffe »

rv0

Post by rv0 »

another n0nx0x ready for use:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”