Mixing saw and square wave output?

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MineM

Mixing saw and square wave output?

Post by MineM »

I've got this idea to replace the saw/square switch with a potentiometer to be able to mix the output signals. I originally saw this on the TechnoBox iOS app (https://www.audiorealism.se/store/c5/iOS_Apps.html) and mixing the waveforms makes some really nice timbres.

So I just want to ask here if you think this is possible and what it would take to do it? I can solder and have basic knowledge of electronics, but I don't want to fry my x0xb0x, so hopefully some of you can help me in the right direction! :)

All the best,
Martin

Makrophage

Re: Mixing saw and square wave output?

Post by Makrophage »

Hi MineM,

I wonder whether you got any further with your idea? This forum seems dead though.
I am asking because I have another idea, somewhat realated, and can not find any mod doing this.

I would like to have an "in" port at my x0xbox, from where the signal is crossfaded with the oscillator signal. Best would be to have a "mix" knob for that, but a switch would also do.
So I can feed any signal into the x0xb0x VCF, VCA including sequencer etc, thus "gating" the input with the x0x-circuit.

Any hint, where to start?

Makrophage

Post by Makrophage »

I finally found the right mod, it is named "VCF External In": https://www.ladyada.net/wiki/x0x/vcfmods.
Sounds not too difficult to implement?

Makrophage

Post by Makrophage »

OK, I now understand that these are two competely different mods and that you would need to make a crossfade circuit to mix Saw and Square, so at least one VCA, as I understood.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”