CdS (light sensor) to VCF cv in

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
textile

Re: CdS (light sensor) to VCF cv in

Post by textile »

Put on on the vco and open up the vca and you have a opto theremin. You can do this with MIDIsense , control your midi synths with cds . If you wire the cds to 15v+ with a gnd ref so you are controling a voltage output you can then plug it in to your MS10 cv input.
If you use this a lot think about wiring a snake lamp (modify a usb type) and then you have a constant light source also small led lights are good too. If you then modulate the light source .... :mrgreen:

isak

Post by isak »

thats a good idea :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BozSrnc5 ... re=channel

tell me..do the usb on the put voltage..? i was wandering maybe i can connect the usb lamp to there..what do u say?

textile

Post by textile »

The usb port doesn't put out voltage. You would need to put another plug and connect it to the 12v with a resistor to the gnd , say 470ohm in between that I'd suggest a 1k pot as a dimmer.
Moog and quite a few other synths have USB light ports so it wont look out of place and would be handy at night. I would modify a snake lamp to fit another plug so it can be connected straight to the panel.

On the battery powered modular box that I made awhile ago I made my own snake lamp , I used a mono jack instead of a usb socket. I used some wire and fixed it to an LED then put a tube over it.
Build an LFO ( relaxation oscillator ) and connect it to the v+ of the lamp for modulated light. :wink:

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”