New Experimental OS for x0xb0x adds DIN Swing

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
machine.cuisine

Re: New Experimental OS for x0xb0x adds DIN Swing

Post by machine.cuisine »

ok, I finally got my x0xb0x from Andy Pledger (awesome) and I've uploaded this 0.94 firmware (was using sokk 1.9 for the last couple days - haven't tried 2.0 yet).

anyways, "Triplet Mode" doesn't work correctly. I have a tr-606 slaved via dinsync to the x0xb0x. No good. x0xb0x moves a lot faster than the 606. the "fast" 606 triplet mode doesn't help at all either.

I need to upload sokk 2.0 and see if triplet mode works correctly with that, but I can say for sure that it doesn't work with omsk 0.94.

am4d

Post by am4d »

So i flashed my xox for the first time recently and tested SokkOS 2.0 and Omskos 0.94 beta. Triplets definitely aren't working correctly in either. As machine.cuisine pointed out, the xox runs faster than a 606 set to the same time sig, also triplets seem to work when the xox is slaved to the 606 clock, so it seems the xox is sending a messed up Din Sync clock in triplet mode.
Swing on Din Sync works pretty good, i can get 4 levels of swing and the 5th gets all messed up, even at slow speeds.

And i really wanted to try the "stop and start Din Sync" but i don't have a MIDI clock source right now so I'm running of the xox internal clock, switching to MIDI Sync while running and pressing run just stops everything. I was hoping for a way to do this when the xox isn't slaved to MIDI? Ill have a MIDI clock soon anyway but im assuming this is why its not working?

The firmware is really coming along though, can't wait for a v1.0
I was also thinking it would be really nice to be able to swing just Din, or just xox, or both. Does anyone else think that would be handy?

am4d

Post by am4d »

Cant figure out how to edit my post :S

I figured out triplets do kind of work. When slaving something like a 606 you need the 606 to be set to the regular 4/4 timing but with the pattern shortened, then they step in time together. But the timing makes the 606 sound really jerky, whereas the other way around, a xox slaved to a 606, its a lot more stable and sounds a lot better.

elektrovolt

Post by elektrovolt »

did a re-flash with the latest version, slaved to midi clock the sequencer runs like BANNED. extreme jitter. the 808 slaved to the sync out does something identical.
re-flashed a few times but still no success. anyone else has this problem?

jmejia

Post by jmejia »

I've been frustrated with this x0x clock being behind for awhile - thought maybe mine was the only one!! I get a one tick behind problem slaving my x0x to my octatrack, and then slaving my 808 via dinsync to the x0x.

Unfortunately your new firmware didn't work for me at all. I get HUGE timing drifts on the dinsync output. Anyone else experiencing this?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”