MarOS1.5.0 - Beta Version

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mario1089

Re: MarOS1.4 - "Official" Version 1.4

Post by mario1089 »

Ok, could repro easily now and also found the problem, was a line removed during the initial track-mode removal.

For now, a workaround is to not double-press DONE to save in that situation, but always show it the right pattern position by pressing the right note key. Without that, I think it saves always to 1st pattern now.

Guess Ill fix it soon, and release another version.

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

Ok, fixed that (saving patterns with double-press-DONE in edit mode), see version 1.4.1, attached.

But there is one problem: 1.4.0 built today has 14 bytes less than when released. And I dont know why. It`s likely I found some bytes when starting on the other version, but I don`t know. So what that means is, we have to see if this version is ok, or if something got broken:( It would be somewhere at sync modes.. so pangrus, do you think you could have another look on this new version, see if it behaves the same regarding all sync modes?
Attachments
MarOS1.4.1.zip
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 372 times

pangrus

Post by pangrus »

I'll test it and give an answer as soon as possible.
Anybody else has old din-sync drum machines or sequencers?

pangrus

Post by pangrus »

Here everything seems to work fine.
Other testers?

am4d

Post by am4d »

Can't see any issues here either. All looks good.
Thanks a lot Mario

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

Cool! I`ll also try to have another look on it tonight, and make it official then. Damn, that was a really bad bug.

mario1089

Re: MarOS1.4.1 - "Official" Version 1.4.1 - IMPORTANT bugfix

Post by mario1089 »

All seems fine, I updated the first post. Thanx for testing. Hope we`re done now:)

paradigm x

Post by paradigm x »

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this mario. Its incredible. :)

Im sorry ive not had a chance to test it yet, takes me longer to DL it and flash it than it does you to write !
Im off for nearly 2 weeks over xmas so will have to try.

The swing out of dinsync will be incredible for my 606.

Thank you

Ben

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

Hi Mario,

thanks for your OS Version... i really like it. I tried every "stage" of your OS (from 1.3 to 1.4) and had no problems in synching the box to my gear until the newest version 1.4.1

I am sure that it has something to do with the new "classic mode". Even if i reload your firmware with conbox (which should then be in "classic mode") the box won't start to play. DIN Sync works . My equipment is centered around the TR909 which sends out the midi clock to a KMS30 and so on...

I know that i have to press F#1 but maybe i miss something ...

Please tell me step by step how to get the box in classic mode...what means F#1? Press F# and the key "1" ? one after the other or at once or by turning the box on?

Sorry but i tried every combination but had no luck yet.

Thanks in advance

rarara

Post by rarara »

think you need to send a F#1 note from a connected keyboard or sequencer.the x0x keys don't do the job iirc.

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

Ok I see... thanx... guess i know now how this works...

mario1089

Post by mario1089 »

@LZ303: problem solved?

Yes, F#1 is the name of a MIDI key, not a button on the hardware. I don`t exactly know when and why, but I also have seen the xoxbox mess up the stored state (not the patterns - which are on the EXTERNAL eeprom - but the the other states, which is on the INTERNAL eeprom). So when this ever happens to may run into the bad situation, that you have to have to reset the thing back to "classic" mode, although you have never put it there. Or, who knows, you have, without intenetion:)

antto

Post by antto »

EEPROM has a certain amount of "writes" before it starts to fail
so if you write to the eeprom very often for a long period of time, at some point you should expect to get wrong bits

i'm not saying that's the case, but it's good to be aware of it (specifically developers)

certainly the fact that the stock firmware saves the tempo immediately when it changes is a bad idea

also, don't abuse your eeprom with BANNED/c0ntr0l (that happens when you edit patterns from the app, or import patterns/whole memory)

the external eeprom can be replaced if it goes bad
but you can't replace the internal eeprom, you have to buy the whole microcontroller

still, i don't expect such things to happen soon, the x0xb0x is not so old, is it?

LZ303

Post by LZ303 »

Yes, problem solved...:)

@antto:

In fact it takes several attempts until the OS is loaded 100% into the box... it often interrupts the upload...(at different %)

I spend a lot of time on the waiting list of ladyada until i had enough of waiting and bought all needed parts and built the box by myself. That was 2008 so my box is about 4 to 5 years old and i uploaded different OSs several times...

I am also waiting for the new CPU...hope that this will happen someday ? So Mario can implement all ideas he has in a new OS :)...

But I am very impressed what he achieved so far...best OS until now for me...

antto

Post by antto »

during the developement of my firmware, i've probably reflashed the hex like more than 200 times (with c0ntr0l)
i didn't count them ;]

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”