MarOS1.5.0 - Beta Version

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ioth

Re: MarOS1.5.0 - Beta Version

Post by ioth »

Hey Nordcore!
OS is running great so far, just found 2 more small bugs:
Sonetimes when clearing the pattern with the 2x undo, it sets the pattern length to a random step and doesn't clear the steps behind it.
Also slides and accents aren't cleared.
The second bug is about the pattern nudge with the left/right keys, it works but sometimes deletes slides/accents from the patterns.
I will try to isolate the bugs and tell you more about it, but i just noticed these while jamming.
Also one more thing, a friend told me it would be pretty cool if you could choose different playing styles (reverse, alternate, random, etc) you could maybe implement them in the pattern play random mode (tempo enc press) if I remember correctly there are still a few keys left.
I know you're running low on free bytes for the code, just wanted to give you the input.
Best, ioth

Louis_Serieusement

Post by Louis_Serieusement »

Hi !

Just wanted to say, MarOS15-V1.81 changed my life, thank you so much for this Mario and Nordcore !!!

<3<3<3

Brawny

Post by Brawny »

Thank you so much for this firmware!
I recently got my hands on a x0xb0x which I had been enjoying (up until my PSU blew after a week). So I then (by pure chance) was listening to Kick.S music when I noticed MarOS!
After realising how these new features would be useful for creating interesting variations and reading the positive feedback here, I decided to update, and I am extremely pleased with the results!

Huge kudos to you sir. Just when I thought a 303 couldn't get any better!

Rio1

Post by Rio1 »

it is definitely the better alternative to sokkos in every respect.

Best regards, rio

Sydonia

Post by Sydonia »

Why don't you host this lovely thing on GitHub?

oyztein

Post by oyztein »

Hey,

I think I have found a weird bug. I am using MarOS15-V1.81 with the x0xb0x receiving midi in from Logic Pro X 10.4.4, and a TR-606 synced via DIN SYNC OUT from the x0xb0x.

When changing tempos in Logic, the x0xb0x always stay in sync, but the 606 is sometimes playing at the wrong speed. If I for instance go from 120 BPM to 160 BPM (stop/start in between change) the 606 always play at wrong speed (kind of uneven around 155 BPM).

If I increase the speed with 5 each time, from 120, 125, 130, etc. to 160, with stop/start between each change, it ends up synced perfectly at every tempo, including 160.

If I change from 80 to 160, the 606 stays in 80 BPM in sync with the x0x playing 160.

Any idea what´s causing this? I can kind of work around it by decreasing and increasing the tempo in small steps, but it´s pretty annoying, so if it could be fixed that would be great. The behavior is the same with the Disable SYNC fix (Settings #D 2) on or off.

Nordcore

Post by Nordcore »

.. .that sounds bad. MarOs synchronizes to the external clock and makes its own clock on that. That is required for the swing function.
Looks like there are still some issues on capturing the incoming clock.

(Sorry, at the moment I don't have time to work on that ... but it is noted... )

P.S.: you might try to set user settings D# number 5 to on.

oyztein

Post by oyztein »

Okay thanks, unfortunately the issue is still there with settings D# number 5 on.

gelabs

Post by gelabs »

I changed the code for "forward rotation" :

else if( (prev=is_pressed(KEY_PREV)) && just_pressed(KEY_NEXT) )
{ // forward rotating step 16=>1, 1=>2 ...
// uint8_t i = 0;
// uint8_t new = pattern_buff[p_len - 1];
// while(i < p_len)
// {
// pattern_buff=new;
// i++;
// new=pattern_buff;
// }

uint8_t i = p_len;
uint8_t last = pattern_buff;
while (i > 0)
{
pattern_buff = pattern_buff;
i--;
}
pattern_buff[0] = last;

dirtyflag = 1;
inhibit=1;
}

Now it's working, sort of. Accents still don't rotate past last step.
I am not a coder btw, so feel free to correct/improve anything :)

Also, learning github, so : https://github.com/tsointsoin/x0xb0x-MarOS15

bonglex0x

Post by bonglex0x »

Hi Nordcore

I know it has been a while but I was wondering if you found a solution to the Program Change bug? (analog four sends ptn1 to x0x and it plays nothing, A4 ptn2 makes x0x ptn1 play and then sequential from their).

Is there any way to nudge the program change values +1, or can you direct me to a simple fix with the source code?

btw maros15 has changed my x0x massively for the better!!! thank u so much for all your help!!!

ioth

Post by ioth »

Hey Nordcore and everyone else!
I've come to encounter a critical bug, or at least a major inconvenience, even so I don't know how I realized this only now:
when youre in edit mode and synced via midi, if you stop the clock and restart it, the pattern is gone if you didn't save it. This kinda sucks, when youre working on a pattern and pause your track for whatever reason, your pattern will be gone.
Would love one last round of bugfixes. :)

ioth

Post by ioth »

and maaaaaaaybe if you ever find the time to work on this: it would be a charm, if you could in live tap mode, could switch octaves as if you were in step mode. meaning, if you'd hit the oct up button while in live tap mode, it would stay lit and all notes you play are in that octave, puch it again, it flashes and all notes you play from now on are 2 oct up, etc. this would enable entering live notes over more than one octave waaay more easy!

AcidVlad

Post by AcidVlad »

Hi! Great OS with a killer feature "Gate time" i missed. Github page states
"MarOS15 Operating System for x0xb0x with x0xLarge CPU
Do i need upgrade my x0x to x0xLarge to be able to use MarOS??? Is it basic x0x compatible?

Nordcore

Post by Nordcore »

AcidVlad wrote:Do i need upgrade my x0x to x0xLarge to be able to use MarOS??? Is it basic x0x compatible?
Definitely not. A lot of effort was taken to fit the code in the restricted space of the original CPU.

You just have the possibility to compile the code for the x0xlarge, so MarOS could be used on both CPUs. (In fact I had developed most of the time on x0xlarge, as I could use a debugger with that. But all released "ready made" firmware here in the thread is for the standard x0xb0x cpu. )
ioth wrote:I've come to encounter a critical bug, or at least a major inconvenience, even so I don't know how I realized this only now:
when youre in edit mode and synced via midi, if you stop the clock and restart it, the pattern is gone if you didn't save it. This kinda sucks, when youre working on a pattern and pause your track for whatever reason, your pattern will be gone.
The first bug is in the clock sending device: it is not allowed to stop the clock after a midi stop/pause. Clock always runs, there is just a midi stop/pause sent.

AFAIR I have a timer and a missing clock timeout, which switches to internal clock if external clock is lost. So that might cause something simliar to turning the mode knob ...
W/O the timeout (and with a lost clock) the x0xb0x would be locked up in the ext-sync mode, as it never gets to the part in the program loop where the mode switch is evaluated.

ioth

Post by ioth »

Hey Nordcore! I'm still using MAR OS to this day! Any chance this will get one more update?
Would be awesome.

Best, ioth

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”