SokkOS, new modified firmware

Discuss mods, hacks, tweaks, etc.

Moderators: altitude, adafruit_support_bill, adafruit, phono, hamburgers

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
glitched

Post by glitched »

When I have more time, I'll certainly add more content to the site. I just finished my mbsid, so I've been pretty involved with that.
Also, the monomachine and mduw tend to zap most of my free time :)

resonator

Post by resonator »

^^^ Cool bro. Glad to see more people working on the MIDIboxSID.
I've been meaning to look into that as well.
When you have the time, I hope you can post some pics in the General Projects sub-forum or on your website. 8)

glitched

Post by glitched »

<hijack thread>
Gladly!
Here's a link to my flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75742538@N00/

There's some BS in there, but I have a set of pics including the "NES_SID" (you'll see why) and my studio stuff.

</hijack thread>

You can always go to glitched.org to listen to the sounds I make with my machines.

So, enough about me...

-d

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

Hello all,

I just had an hour left over and found some stuff to rewrite. I added:

In pattern play mode: restart is moved to CHAIN+PREV

In pattern play mode: nudge a pattern by pressing and holding PREV and then press NEXT, or the other way around for backwards nudge.

In pattern edit mode: rotate forward OR backward by pressing and holding PREV and pressing NEXT, or the other way around. *

* Note that this will also be registered as moves fw/bw in the pattern in step-edit-mode. This is an annoyance but harmless, I'll look into it if you complain too much... :)

So, anything else you want or need? I still have all the functionality of 1.05 left in it and a massive 14 bytes left to add heaps of new stuff.

I just send the pack to glitched so watch his site for it.

SineSurfer

Post by SineSurfer »

Almost forgot to ask, the tap function works on the done button and on the tempo knob too, or just on the knob?
Sokkan wrote: So, anything else you want or need? I still have all the functionality of 1.05 left in it and a massive 14 bytes left to add heaps of new stuff.
Ok, its official, you are a x0xb0x code master!!! :P

Let's see, 14 bytes free?... whatever you can put on those bytes to improve the random function?, anything extra than what is there now is welcome, and everyone can still test their x0xes. :wink:

Just so you know Sokkan, you just saved me from taking the dust off from that old C book and learn again long forgotten stuff... that is, until my next project(mbSID), so... As some great musician form Argentina said to the audience on the last concert with his band:

"Gracias... Totales".

resonator

Post by resonator »

Thanks again Sokkan.
check your PM when you can.

8)

glitched

Post by glitched »

Ta-da! The new version, "1.2", is up...

http://www.glitched.org/box.html

And Bing-o was his name-o.

resonator

Post by resonator »

8)

ToFiC

Post by ToFiC »

Thank you for this! Great job 8)

Sokkan

Post by Sokkan »

Yes, I have been thinking of improving the randomness of the random function. I might need more than 14 bytes for that though. I'll see if I remember how to make a pseudo-random generator easily and perhaps replace what's in there now.

I will edit my first post so that it will reflect the current status of the firmware so that you can go back and read that for reference. And, if I choose to make more incarnations of it, I will add a README to the archive.

matsu yue

Post by matsu yue »

hey!
i just thought of a feature i miss from the 303. the abillity to change the time signature. it is called "scale" on my 606 and i think its the same on the 303. i use it for making rolls, truplets and weird funkiness.
/matsu

maxtim

Post by maxtim »

sLiCk 8)

Great work, thanks!!

joechip

China calling

Post by joechip »

Hi Glitched,

Any chance of posting the "sokkon" firmware on your googlepages page soon?

I'm in the P.R.China and maybe i'm being paranoid, or missing sth obvious, but looks like Mao's Net-police have decided the latest x0xb0x firmware is too hot for the Chinese and have blocked your "glitched.org" site.

Can't wait to trty out the nudge and the midi out on pattern edit features.

Joe

ps, great work on the firmware hacks; sokkan, evilx chairmanmeow...

gzifcak

Post by gzifcak »

matsu yue wrote:hey!
i just thought of a feature i miss from the 303. the abillity to change the time signature. it is called "scale" on my 606 and i think its the same on the 303. i use it for making rolls, truplets and weird funkiness.
/matsu
just press "done" at whatever step you want the pattern to end on; for triplets make it 6 or 12 steps long. however, i don't think the 303 or the x0x can change the tempo relationship like the tr drum machines; if you play them against a standard pattern they'll just loop earlier.

glitched

Re: China calling

Post by glitched »

joechip wrote:Hi Glitched,

Any chance of posting the "sokkon" firmware on your googlepages page soon?
No problem, here's the direct link:
http://glitch.tech.googlepages.com/SokkOS1.2.zip

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xm0dz”