MIDIsense Theramin?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

MIDIsense Theramin?

by TheGear on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Has anybody created a Theramin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theramin) with the MIDIsense? Presuming the sensors could be created, can anyone think of any MIDI issues that would stand in the way?

Thanks
Don't get even, get odd. -- Beyondananda

TheGear

Theremin on midisense

by osbock on Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm

I don't have midisense (or much sense at all) yet, but I think it would be simple to do a photo theremin with some photoresistors. It may not be very playable though.

If you got something like the paia theremin, it has voltage outputs that you could read and translate into midi signals. They are intended to control analog synths, but shouldn't be hard to read here. How you would interpret the voltages would be up to you, particular ranges for particular notes, or what?

There are two antennae on that beast (for tone and volume) so you can control two variables at once.

osbock

What sensors to buy?

by frog_jr on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:37 am

Hi, this is a loverly project, thought I might try it. Question, I would like to try going the photosensor route, but I'd also really like more detailed infos about which sensors I may use. A part # or a few from Mouser or Digikey would be great. In fact, I'd recommend more detail regarding which sensors one can use on the MIDIsense webpage anyway, just to sell them better, but I'm sure that's on your long todo list.

Very excited about this project all together. Cheers!
foobar
frog_jr

by adafruit on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:29 pm

adafruit

by frog_jr on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 pm

ladyada wrote:well its kinda already there :-?

http://www.ladyada.net/make/midisense/makesensor.html

Ah, now I see! Thanks much!
foobar
frog_jr

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.