There is no USPS pickup on Monday Feb 15th, 2016 because of President's Day. USPS orders placed after 11am EST Fri February 12th will go out Tuesday February 16. UPS orders will ship as normal.

Component location and direction on MB 3?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Component location and direction on MB 3?

by UBERNOOB on Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Is there a step by step guide to help a noob like me put the components onto the board in the right place and in the correct direction? aka...Chip set being put in backwards....how am I supposed to know which way? Things like that!!! Yes, I see that the board has little outlines on it, but how do I know what resistor goes in the R1, R2, R3, R4 or even the R5 slot (Under the chipset)?? And there's a component that has a certain direction marked on the board but I don't know if the little arrow points towards the grey band at one end of the component or the other way around. Now do you see why I chose ubernoob as my name!!! I mean, a guy has to start somewhere, right? At this moment I'm not afraid of heights since I'm at the "Rock Bottom"! Can't get any lower without a shovel.

I've tried to search the site for a good diagram and I'm just not able to decipher the ones shown.

Help
UBERNOOB

Re: Component location and direction on MB 3?

by ifrpilot999 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:31 am

All of the assembly instructions are on the Adafruit website. Here is the link to the MintyBoost site: http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/make.html

ifrpilot999

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.