Nibbler for the KRHAINOS case change

Ideas and questions about MintyBoost kits

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
clarkj

Nibbler for the KRHAINOS case change

Post by clarkj »

I just completed building 2 Mintyboosts -- one for my girlfriend and one for myself. Having had noticeable experience with USB sockets, I decided right off to do the KRHAINOS case mod. However, when I searched the Radio Shack web site to locate a nibbler, I discovered that they apparently no longer carry it. I was a bit surprised when Google turned up that Digi-Key (www.digikey.com) carries a hand-powered nibbler for (at this writing) $13.81 plus shipping. The Digi-Key item number is GC-395-ND.

For those who haven't dealt with Digi-Key, I've been a customer since about 1973 (that's right -- more than 40 years), and have only had to call customer service twice. They mostly carry "raw parts", and so aren't really a competitor to Adafruit. (I'd be amazed if most of the stuff I order from Adafruit doesn't have parts from Digi-Key.)

BTW, despite having nearly 50 years of experience with electronics as a hobby, this was the first time I'd used a nibbler. I was AMAZED at how easy it was to get nice clean holes with one.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “MintyBoost”