Conflicting Capacitor Part Number

The operation of transmitters designed to jam or block wireless communications is a violation of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended ("Act"). See 47 U.S.C. Sections 301, 302a, 333. The Act prohibits any person from willfully or maliciously interfering with the radio communications of any station licensed or authorized under the Act or operated by the U.S. government. 47 U.S.C. Section 333. The manufacture, importation, sale or offer for sale, including advertising, of devices designed to block or jam wireless transmissions is prohibited. 47 U.S.C. Section 302a(b). Parties in violation of these provisions may be subject to the penalties set out in 47 U.S.C. Sections 501-510. Fines for a first offense can range as high as $11,000 for each violation or imprisonment for up to one year, and the device used may also be seized and forfeited to the U.S. government.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Camshaft

Conflicting Capacitor Part Number

Post by Camshaft »

I'm building the RC1a version of the Wave Bubble and have been using Limor's instructions. I noticed when I was getting the parts for the battery board one of the capacitors listed, C2, was conflicting with the description of the capacitor. The part # listed is UWT0J221MCL1GB which is a 6.3v 220uF cap, but the description says it should be a 6.3v 100uF cap. Does anyone know if I should follow the part number or the description? I'm not super experienced with the Wave Bubble so I could be wrong about this.

Tritronic

Re: Conflicting Capacitor Part Number

Post by Tritronic »

How did that go? Any conclussions?

Camshaft

Re: Conflicting Capacitor Part Number

Post by Camshaft »

I kind of gave up on this project at least for the time being because I just don't think it's that feasible in 2021. A lot of the parts were quite difficult to find (thankfully not too expensive) and many parts should be updated. I don't have a ton of experience with this, but I think it would be amazing if someone were to make a 2021 updated version of the wave bubble.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wave Bubble”