RF vehicle tracking device, "Bumper Beepers".
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: RF vehicle tracking device, "Bumper Beepers".

by antares on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:45 pm

antares

by Bigins on Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:34 pm

The devices are much more high tech now. I'm now thinking that they're using a computer or GPS travel location screen(that's compatible) to track me. Doing various google searches for such devices, I found a place that sells them. Remember money is no problem at all with these people, even though it's very inexpensive to do what they're doing. This is just the vehicle tracking section of this site.

The 2nd one has a 120 day battery life. Be sure to look down at the SR-7 GPS World Tracker.

http://www.spysource.net/vehicletrackingsystems.htm

Would any of those compasses locate the magnet on those devices in the way that it was described here? Or are the magnets just too small? That's why I'd want a very sensitive compass if there are differences.

Edit: The police now have internet in their squad cars.
Bigins

by antares on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:33 am

I might be wrong because I haven't tried it out myself but I think that the metal body of a car would distract the compass anyway. And if the GPS tracker is attached with duct tape like the ones shown in the pictures above this method won't help at all. In such a case a torch would be a way more helpful tool.

But if you still want to do it, how about that: take a strong magnet from an old loudspeaker, electric motor or hard disk drive, affix it somewhere under your car or ask a friend to hide it and try to find that one using a cheap compass first. If you're successful doing that there's a good chance you can find magnetically attached GPS trackers too.
antares

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.